Pirate 4x4 banner
221 - 240 of 339 Posts

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
I was just looking at getting some of those adaptors and line.
It was around the same cost as a factory line which worked out well! Hopefully it will hold up to the abuse it sees out snow wheeling 😂🤣

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Been working on the k5 a bunch lately trying to get it all ready for our trip to MOAB coming up. Got my rock sliders all made as well as most of the rear bumper. I plan on comp cutting the rear quarters when I get back so when that happens I will finish out the rear bumper so it wraps around the sides but for now this will have to do! :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Hoping to put a doubler in the k5 this summer sometime but for now I made a temporary skid plate to hopefully keep the 241 from getting destroyed in MOAB. :shaking: Originally when I first got the k5 the frame was cracked at the steering box so back when I did the steering I welded it all up. But since MOAB likes to really take a toll on things I decided to pull the box off and plate the frame and add a brace so it will all be solid and hopefully not move. :grinpimp: I've also had a PS leak from the box top plate so I got that all resealed and finally have zero leaks from the whole k5! :grinpimp::grinpimp: I don't have much time to work on this before MOAB so I picked up a steering box brace from Offroad Design. For as much as these cost I wish I would have had the time to build one like I had planned on doing. :shaking:

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Since I really want to keep this as low as I can without completely redoing my inner fenders I've always had a problem trying to get the 40s to clear. Had to put some different bump stops on and I lowered them even more to hopefully limit the up travel in MOAB so I don't destroy my tires even more. :shaking: I plan to make some different bump stop mounts that are adjustable later down the road. The front is also sitting a little lower now from all the added weight so when I get some new leafs it should bring that back up a bit. I think these leafs are getting a little tired and I don't think jumping it helps any lol :grinpimp:

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Well Moab went well! Had some fueling issues towards the end but was still able to wheel every day except the last. The k5 did well and felt pretty planted to the ground on the more challenging obstacles. Have some things I'd like to change/address so it does better with that type of wheeling. Now time to get ready for the Rubicon! 🤘

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Awesome pics. I really need to get out to Moab at some point. Looks like the Blazer worked great.

Sorry to hear you couldn't wheel the last day what happened with your fueling?
I ended up boiling the fuel the first day which in turn caused me problems with the efi later in the week. After I noticed the fuel was getting hot I went back into town and got some header wrap and sheet metal to make a heat shield and wrap the pipe that runs along side the fuel pump which got rid of my heat problem with the fuel but seems it was a little to late and may have cooked the post filter after the pump. Needless to say it will be getting an in tank pump now lol :flipoff2: Hoping to get back down to Moab this next spring to run some other trails I didnt have time to get to.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
How did you like the wheelbase for that type of wheeling. Blazers aren't terribly long, and one of your pics looks to have both front tires in the air during a climb. Was there anywhere that felt really sketchy?
Travis..

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
How did you like the wheelbase for that type of wheeling. Blazers aren't terribly long, and one of your pics looks to have both front tires in the air during a climb. Was there anywhere that felt really sketchy?
Travis..
The k5 ended up doing very well for its wheelbase. I was more worried about it feeling to top heavy but it felt very stable on everything I did. The pic with the wheels off the ground was a pic I pulled from a video where it started bouncing a bit. That little hill climb was fairly steep but it didn't feel to bad as far as "tipping" point. I will say there are a few obstacles on Pritchett Canyon that will probably feel more unstable with the k5 once I get back down there to run it. But it will be a lot more comforting since I will have a cage in there before then.

221 - 240 of 339 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.