Pirate 4x4 banner
81 - 100 of 339 Posts

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Very Nice, I'm about to buy a 76' K5 and have Favorited this thread to look back to.
Thank you! :grinpimp: Sounds like you will have a fun new project to work on! Whats your plans for it?

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
My braided wire loom came in! Love using this stuff it makes the harness turn out clean!! :D Sadly I ran out before I could finish the last few wires :shaking:

Attachments

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,184 Posts
What cooler (more imporatantly, what fan) is that? I might want to snag one (or two) for my transmission cooling system.

Looks like it may be overkill, but you rarely can have PS fluid that is too cool.

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
What cooler (more imporatantly, what fan) is that? I might want to snag one (or two) for my transmission cooling system.

Looks like it may be overkill, but you rarely can have PS fluid that is too cool.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HEADH4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I definitely planned it so the cooler would either be perfect or a little on the bigger side. I didn't want to end up with one to small like a lot of people do. I think this one should work about perfect from what I've seen other people do and their feedback on coolers.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,184 Posts
I've got one that's just one row of tube smaller than that one (but wider - tube length is probably around the same total) but without a fan and it's been excellent so far, so yours will probably be more than enough. With the fan, you almost certainly don't need an external reservoir.

It helps having E-Fans that are running lots of air through the whole shebang at idling speeds on hot days, though.

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I've got one that's just one row of tube smaller than that one (but wider - tube length is probably around the same total) but without a fan and it's been excellent so far, so yours will probably be more than enough. With the fan, you almost certainly don't need an external reservoir.

It helps having E-Fans that are running lots of air through the whole shebang at idling speeds on hot days, though.
I've got a higher psi pump from PSC coming as well as a remote reservoir since the stock one is not really cutting it. I'm hoping with the higher psi pump it will be a lot better if not then ill have to bore out my hydro boost for more flow. The remote reservoir will just be an added bones and it will be nice to have it mounted where I want and in a little easier spot to reach. As far as using the fan I may end up putting an inline temp sensor since the EFi system has a bunch of different outputs for controlling different fans. But so far I have not had the fluid get anywhere close to really needing a fan.

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Got a good start to my bumper this week. Used 1/4 inch for the whole thing so far. Recessed a 22 inch single row light bar into the front that will sit perfectly in between the d-ring tabs. For now I'm going to leave it as a stubby bumper tell I figure out how I want to do the sides. Still a few things to finish on it but so far its turning out how I wanted it! :D

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Got a few goodies in the mail today for the interior! Never had a stereo when I got it so it will be nice to finally have one with some new speakers! :grinpimp: The mirror is from a newer chevy that has auto dim, compass and temperature. Also got my other fan in. Its a 16 inch fan I'm going to use as a pusher fan. Hoping it will be enough to keep it cool now! :shaking: I may end up switching them around and use it as a puller and the other 2 smaller ones as pushers.

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Great, thanks. I like the looks. Cleans it up nicely
Definitely makes for a cleaner look! I've been using this stuff for a while now and it works really well and holds up good. :smokin:

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Got a ? How do you like the prebled hydraulic clutch system? Did you have to do anything special or just bolt it up and drive it? Where did you buy it from? Thanks in advance
I love it! Makes it nice for installation and nice for buying parts. This is the second swap I've done where I've used a pre blead 93 master and slave and the only thing I've had to modify is bending the tube slightly that comes off the slave. I didn't have to bend it much so there is no need to make a whole new line. I can try and get some pics where I bent it. As far as bolt up and drive that's a yes for the master and slave. On the clutch assembly bracket I used a 93 assembly and modified it a bunch to fit up in there since the hydrolic/hydro boost pedals for a square body are getting really hard to find and expensive. This also males it nice for replacement parts as everything from the pedal down to the transmission is from a 93. I bought it off Amazon. I'll look for the link. Hope this helps.

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
So since I’ve got a little time I figured I’d do an update on how everything went on our trip we just went on. The place we went to is about 3 hours away with most of it highway driving to get there so it was a good test how the k5 was going to do on the highway for handling/road manners at 65-70 mph. It ended up doing a lot better than I anticipated and I was able to cruise down there at 70 mph the whole way! :grinpimp: There was virtually no wondering/swaying on the highway so far where as there is a little bit in town with the divots worn into the road. I am very happy with the gearing I chose as it does well for cruising on the highway and still has a good low speed in 4lo. It was right around 2100 rpms at 65-70. This is a trip we do every year and was a good one to test it all out on since it’s a mild trail that doesn’t have a lot of hard areas. Drove it around for a few days on the 2 different trails and it did really well. The only 2 problems I had were the 40s rubbing A LOT lol, and I had a hydro assist fitting come loose. So I ended up beating the crap out of the front fenders to get it to not rub for the rest of the trip and just tightened the fitting back up on the hydro assists. I have new fenders for it so these are mainly just test fenders to see how much I’ll need to trim. All in all I think it did very well and I’m impressed with how well it even handles off road with the 52s up front. They are very flexy and ride a lot smoother than the other springs I had in there. Would definitely like to get some longer adjustable shocks on there soon because it’s lacking in that department! Also on a side note having the stock power steering pump on this trip sucked since it’s not enough for the whole system but my new one should be in this week. I’ll have to get some pics of the awesome custom fender work I did but here is some others I took. We also brought our fleet of dogs with us lol :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
There is also a neat little cabin down in the canyon we always stop at.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 339 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.