Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me start by saying....Holy Crap, what am I thinking.
Alittle history, I bought my Runner 5yrs ago for $750. Bone stock, missing a cat, and rollin on 255/50/16. Since then, it has recieved an SAS, dual cases, gears, 36" SX's, lockers, and it's share of body damage.In the near future, it will be getting a 3RZ installed. I know the body damage wasn't bad, but I wanted to clean it up for paint then exocage. So here was my options, 60 hrs of bodywork or replace the quarter skins. Well after hours of searching and drinking, I decided to replace the whole rear tub. Before any flaming happens, it was and is easier than replacing skins. There is over 300 spot welds to drill out, versus a few cuts and fill pieces. Heres some pics of the start.....

Here is why it will be called "Greenie"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got alot of welding done tonight. Driverside B pillar is done, Passengerside is welded but still needs inner skin and ground down smooth. Tomorrow I will start on the floor seam and gets some new pics.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I haven't been able to do alot of work on it, till the last 2 days. Got everything welded up and also replace the passenger rear corner rocker. That was the only bad spot on the new tub, but the only good spot on mine. Did a little bodywork around the welds and started painting. Tub is painted, working on the tailgate then moving to the front.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy Crap, I forgot about my build post. So the last 3 months have been "NUTS"
Work got busy, bought a bender, and sold my motor. On the flip side, have more money, started a cage, and bought a 3RZ. I have pics, and wil update with pics soon. I wanna go work on it for now :flipoff2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So here are some updated pics. We bought a bender and started doing a family cage. Decide I'm going to anchor the rear exo through the body to the family cage for strength. That explains why it isn't painted yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then this showed up from UPS at my customers.

Thanxs to wickedyota for a screaming deal on a new drivetrain.
Sold my 22RE for what I paid for a 3RZ with Tranny. So the fun begins.......

With a little love and new gaskets and paint.......

And now for cleaning up the wires....:mad3::confused::flipoff2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update, Spent a few hours on the motor install tonight. Got it in place and started on motor mounts. Then ran out of welding wire...Damn :mad3:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it's time for another update. In the last 3 weeks I've been busy as hell. Got the motor installed with new flywheel and clutch. Finished welding the motor mounts and couple little spots I missed on other mods. when I got all the wires hooked up, I wanted to test for proper voltages before starting. When I turned the key switch to far (start position) the engine started up within a crank and a half. Holy Crap, shut it down. I didn't have oil in it yet. Filled it with oil and started up and ran perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Should have a small package coming to you next week. small stuff i forgot..:shaking:

Build looks good. call if you need anything.

Hot damn. Where was this engine listed? Just a local Houston-ite looking for a 3rz.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts