Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of wheeling Toyotas and being paranoid of breaking longfield outputs, my friends talked me into building a buggy. A local kid ponied up and bought my old rig, and I lined up a project that was just started. here is the last rig.
my little man on the rubicon a few months back
I wheeled the shit out of it, and it served me well, but its time for more power:smokin: I loaded it onto my trailer along with a boat load of parts and drug it home:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ok not really, i just used the toyota to back it into the shop.

Plans for the rig include 60 front, shaved 14 bolt rear. 5.38s, spools front and rear. LS1/th350/atlas 3.8:1. Fox 16 inch coil overs on all 4 corners. 43" sticky SXs on TWF H1s. As funds run out I will probably end up putting mini van rear seats and some Honda front seats to get by for next season. Id like to have it going by next season, but time and money will decide that. I have the front axle and shaved rear already, and really just need some simple stuff. the atlas is the bigest thing i need to get, but I also need a ram, PS pump and pulley, chromo shafts for the 60 and lockouts, and a fuel pump. I also need to either have someone rework my harness, or get a stand alone harness.
I got it off the trailer tonight and got it on some stands

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The PO had mocked the rear links up, so I set the rear axle back there to see how I liked the placement, I may move the axle back 3-4" but I havent decided yet.

Also the motor mounts got tacked in a little crooked, about 1/2" at the transmission output. and the mounts put the engine low and im not sure there is room for the PS pump.

Between the crookedness, and this, I will probably cut them off and re set them a little higher, there is approx. 2.25" from the center of the pump to chassis, and I couldn't find a N Series pulley under 5" so I don't think it will work where it is at. I may call PSC and see what they have tho.

Question. I have a strong understanding of electronics, and a decent understanding of engine management systems, How hard is it to strip one of these harnesses to stand alone, or is it just easier to pay someone $200 to do it? I looked at the ECM I have and it looks to be a ECM and PCM combined? I really haven't looked into it much yet, I am reading on LS1 tho and im leaning to doing it myself...

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
If budget it tight now jus leave the WB where it's set aslong as your happy with it. New proper links aren't cheap.

If your can source out some suzuki swift GT seats I'd recommend those they fit 5points n are comfy as fawk

Chassi looks good,get r done:smokin:

·
The dude abides
1,350 Posts
Is that a Chassis Unlimited chassis? Get it done so we can do some wheelin next year!!:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Im sure it's just the picture, but is the winch plate crooked? Nice build nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If budget it tight now jus leave the WB where it's set aslong as your happy with it. New proper links aren't cheap.

If your can source out some suzuki swift GT seats I'd recommend those they fit 5points n are comfy as fawk

Chassi looks good,get r done:smokin:
The link material isn't cut, just pvc. I have the material and I can cut them whatever length i want

Is that a Chassis Unlimited chassis? Get it done so we can do some wheelin next year!!:D
It's a KORE hustler chassis. Come over and help grind:flipoff2:
That was fast. Best get on it. Where's the grille!!!!!?!?!?!? :flipoff2:
The grill is hanging on the back wall in one of the pics:flipoff2:
Im sure it's just the picture, but is the winch plate crooked? Nice build nonetheless.
It has like 2 slight breaks on it, to raise it up for a wid winch I'm assuming.

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
I would push the front axle forward before I moved that rear back any further. With those 43s you already have a great departure angle. I would say leave it the way it is and focus up front that way the rear is checked off the list of chit to do :smokin:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I did my LS1 harness in a couple hours with pin outs from LS1.com. I did not strip it, just used what needed to be used (4 or so wires) and split loomed what wasn't needed. Send the PCM off for $150 and be done with it. Grab another harness off craigslist later and take your time stripping it in between wheeling trips.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
He said $150 to tune after you thin the harness. If you thin a harness, decide to run a th 350, etc. features will need to be deleted, "tuned."

1 - 20 of 673 Posts