Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 854 Posts

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as many of you know I traded my 92 truggy on wontons for a built 95 runner sr5 on toy axles. I was hesitant in starting another time wasting and consuming thread so against my better judgement I am doing it.

So far the ideas I am kicking around are simple. Run an in cab cage and ditch the exo. 60/14 or 60/70, Hydro assist, 4d's and keep her street legal. I am still poor so I will keep it on the leafs. I will french the rear hanger and lower it a bit as well. Oh and rear work the rear frame, shackle and bumper area and install a tail gate. I need another ADD project like a bullet in the head so here it is :shaking:

The OG Project hippie killer. Saw it at the round up this weekend :(

The new runner how I got it. Had a little rock rash but all in all was pretty clean. It's a good running 3slow, 5spd, 23spline inchworm duals, spool, rear detroit front, bobby longs blah blah blah.

I got 2 trips to fordyce and 1 to the con in the last month and a half and lets just say I have beat er down pretty good. The cake topper was the the flop at soup bowl that went ahead and caved the rest of my passenger side in hence the family raisin :shaking:

Now for some random pics.

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here is pulling the plugs after the soup flop. I am waiting on my buddy to email those pics and I will post them. Needs lowering. If I am 6'3" and I have to stand on my tippy toes to reach into the engine compartment thats wrong :laughing:

So that is that. A quick run down on whats new in my world and what is upcoming.

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
I'll second for "Mean Green Weenie". Mods, can we get a thread title change:D

I like the tons idea but I say stick with the exo. It looks nicely done, and you're gonna need all the interior room you can get. Maybe add some additional internal tube work for added strength.

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it, get the stickers made!:flipoff2:
They are made, go to Auburn for me and get them :flipoff2:

I'll second for "Mean Green Weenie". Mods, can we get a thread title change:D

I like the tons idea but I say stick with the exo. It looks nicely done, and you're gonna need all the interior room you can get. Maybe add some additional internal tube work for added strength.
OK let's take votes. The mean green weenie has so many meanings.

My first thought was to do just that with the exo and add a billar inside with a harness bar and all that, I guess that is possible. It holds up the way it is. I am not the first person to flop it so.....

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
This just proves and makes me glad that I am not the only one that has a compulsive disorder to never be happy with shit and most continue to have a project vehicle. Vote to leave it as is and just start a buggy build, that way you have a wheeler for the midterm and will have a project that takes a while.
Edit: Forgot I hate you.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
This just proves and makes me glad that I am not the only one that has a compulsive disorder to never be happy with shit and most continue to have a project vehicle. Vote to leave it as is and just start a buggy build, that way you have a wheeler for the midterm and will have a project that takes a while.
This, or it will look like the original killer in less than a year...... You've been down this path before.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Looks like you kept your Marine Corp issue BCG's ::flipoff2:

I vote Green Weenie

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
Meh, I voted family rasin before reading the thread :homer: for picking the losing team...this is why I don't play the track :flipoff2:

As much as I generally don't like exo cages, I've gotsta x2 frigginxj here. That one looks pretty well done and not abusive on the mind to look at, just add whatever you need as Interior off shoots from the existing.

Time and money ahead, you are going to need all that coin for tuns and tars :flipoff2:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the idea of building a buggy. You will just end up in the same spot as the hippie killer with the runner. Ya really want to spend all winter building your ass off again? Then when you build a buggy you can sell me the runner, the girl would love it :D

I voted for the family raisin, cause the green weenie will only work if you leave the yota axles on it. And it seems like you want some wontons

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I dont give a shit what you call it, lets wheel! :flipoff2:

I'm gonna call mine "prune juice" gives you the squirts... two run's later i dont have a strait piece of sheet metal left.. haha

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OH a buggy is still happening but that would be the slowest build ever and would probably just add that into this thread as well.

This, or it will look like the original killer in less than a year...... You've been down this path before.
I know but the whole idea is keeping the full body so I won't hack it all up.

Meh, I voted family rasin before reading the thread :homer: for picking the losing team...this is why I don't play the track :flipoff2:

As much as I generally don't like exo cages, I've gotsta x2 frigginxj here. That one looks pretty well done and not abusive on the mind to look at, just add whatever you need as Interior off shoots from the existing.

Time and money ahead, you are going to need all that coin for tuns and tars :flipoff2:
I got 39.5 Iroks, just trade the toys for tons I see them all the time and keep it super simple and cheap.

I like the idea of building a buggy. You will just end up in the same spot as the hippie killer with the runner. Ya really want to spend all winter building your ass off again? Then when you build a buggy you can sell me the runner, the girl would love it :D

I voted for the family raisin, cause the green weenie will only work if you leave the yota axles on it. And it seems like you want some wontons
The buggy idea is there and already kind of in the works. I am slowly working on helping a buddy with a chassis setup he came up with and hopefully that will get me started.

I dont give a shit what you call it, lets wheel! :flipoff2:

I'm gonna call mine "prune juice" gives you the squirts... two run's later i dont have a strait piece of sheet metal left.. haha
Try to keep your shit up right next time :flipoff2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Following this, have a similarly built 94 4runner waiting to get 4d's. Love to see this thing as it gets even more California raisin style :smokin:

1 - 20 of 854 Posts