Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Project Juggy—>Project 8

Starting my first build thread. Not a full build, more like a re-build. So here goes...
Traded this

Solid trail/street TJ
For this

CJ buggy (yj frame/tub)
355 sbc tbi
Sm 465
4.3 Atlas
D60 f&r, Detroit in front spool out back
42 bias Iroks on H1s
4 linked f&r, 108 wb
Boat sided and narrowed in the rear
The trade took place just before a summer trip to Rausch. I p/u in Ohio and drove straight to Rausch for its maiden run(with me anyway).
It was immediately apparent that it would go places that stock wb TJs aren't gonna go...
It was also apparent there some bugs to work out...
Since Rausch I've started to make it mine
Added heated Mastercrafts, tracking down cooling issues and a rich running problem.
The previous owner and his builder did a pretty good job, its structurally sound. But as soon as I picked it up I knew I wanted to redo the interior.

The dash and console (batt moved underhood)will be changed as well.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I also knew I wanted an auto in it.

Th 350
Winters shifter, and a fancy trans cooler(thx Hitman) are going in too
The tear down started a few weeks ago

Thru trans in to check length
Atlas needs to be where the lower ca mounts are. So they gone!

So while we're at it, the upper mounts were torched off and it looks like it'll get a few more inches of wheelbase

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cage is getting redone from B pillar back

Here's what I'm shooting for

Ha, excuse my artwork. But you get the idea

Mmmm, grinding. My favorite!
Btw this build is another DoctorWheels build. I just get to help out on Saturdays.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This thing is gonna be awesome! I can't wait until we actually start creating vs. deconstructing!

I think about two more weekends and we'll start making some progress for you! I know this part can make you start thinking things like "what have I done?" No worries bubba, it'll be ready just in time for you to sell it because you need a mini van!

BTW, he's willing to trade for any mini van that features Stow-n-Go!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
No worries brother! Can't wait to see some progress and rebirth take shape! Just watch that Dolan guy.....:flipoff2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
What were those rear link tabs welded to? Is there a cross-member under that flat plate?
No cross member.. Just flat plate, however everything is welded to something .
can't remove anything without removing everything.

It's been known as a simple trans swap... That's what we lead him to believe!! HA!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correction. Was welded to something...
One of the tabs was braced with a tube going forward to the front link bracket. The plate is beefy stuff 1/2" maybe.
Doesn't matter now as the new link tabs will be at the very back of the plate with some sort of crossmember.
The tabs themselves will be beefier too, prob Artec for both upper and lower link brackets

I'm sure they'll be a few more snags along the way but it'll be pretty sweet when its done.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yuuup, lcg is so 2013...belly clearance is where it's at. Gonna swap in some leafs soa with 6" lift blocks and triple ranchos at each corner.
It'll be pretty much awesome!
On a more serious note
This is being sold with the trans

So that a new one can be ordered

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You better ask a mod to rename this "child support" if Stacy catches wind of all the crib money you're spending :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 247 Posts