Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
And she's a runner...

Fired er off for the first time since October. Sounded awful at first, loose plug wire and/or missed vacuum line=crap. Sounded good after that was sorted out.
Video does no justice to the new sound. Same motor, same headers but got rid of the 2 into 1 into 2 with a Flowmaster 40 series for 2 into 1 into 1 Magnaflow. Sounds tons better and seat o the pants dyno says 30 more horses easy!....
Ha, not quite. But it does sound proper now.
Looking forward to the 1st test drive soon

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
1 step forward, 2 steps back...
The good news is she runs and drives. After the first drive the other night a puddle of ATF was found in the morning. Luckily, only due to loose bolts on the pan.

Oh, and the rear brakes are crap. Broken bleeders I hear...
Brake parts are going in today I think.
Time is short...

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
BallSoup anyone? Not the most pleasant working conditions but I got a lot checked off the list...
Wired fuel sender
Wired trans fan and sender
CB is in
Fuse panels are done for now(essentials only, no radio or in cab winch controls)
Mounted charcoal canister and breather line
Front winch batt connections are shortened and in
Even got her on the ramp

Only to find some clearance issue btwn front LCA and the frame. Not totally unexpected, but another thing added to the list...
Changing out the E350 master cylinder for a dodge 2500 MC. Hoping that cures the brake issue!...
Once again I've chosen to take a new to me rig, or a just re-built rig to the annual Summer Rausch Trip. Prob not the best plan, but hoping for the best.
Oh yeah, the tow rig is in the shop getting a surprise 4 wheel brake job, yay !
That leaves next tues to clearance the frame rails a touch and do some trailer stuff.
It'll be fine(I'm told)!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
You better be breaking some shit! :flipoff2:
Yup, I'm broke!
Seal on hydro pump decided to not seal anymore...
Nothing like a 4 hr recovery oughta Affliction.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Worked pretty good! Auto is the way to go for sure! Had some cooling issues, me thinks a bigger rad is in order. There's still some clearance issues with the front end, nothing a sawzall and grinder won't fix...
I'm still figuring out how too drive it too, but it did most of the hard lines. I'm pretty sure my tire pressure was still too high at 5-6 psi. Next time, I'll go to 3 or 4.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Great looking rig. I have a similar CJ project I am working on and like your hood high lines. Got any shots of the inner edge of the hood? Looking to see what you did with the cut edge. Did you fold it in or weld round stock to the cut edge?

181 - 200 of 247 Posts