Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
got some pretty good work in on the 3 day weekend

got the 3 link where i want it, re did the shock mounts and had to make my own track bar bracket cuz I never did get the barnes one i ordered, also had to make the frame upper link mount because the barnes bracket was too big and right where the header collector is...

should have pretty salty droop travel

welded all the links and axle brackets and painted

bent up a tube to start the X case mount and ran out of time, if i can finish the X case mount and roll the tub for beliner i can start running wire and hopefully get ready to fire this thing

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
got all the links assembled and put everything back together to get ready to move the shop this weekend. i'm thinking this should be right height-ish. waiting on my nitrogen rig to juice the air shock and be on its own weight

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
made a DIY nitrogen rig for juicing the airshocks from a thread i found on here somewhere, i'll post pics of it. Here she is sitting on her own weight. (not pictured) is the hydro assist ram i need to send back to AGR and have rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Thanks man, I've been through your and sickboyboone's threads several times for ideas. both of yalls rigs came out awesome and has been great motivation

Thanks man! I been watching this too. My next move is 4 link rear with trailing arm uppers, been slowed down with some exceptional breakage on chocolate thunder. Good things to come though I hope....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ok bringing this one back up, got new house and shop bought and moved into, old house is now sold so finally getting around to wrenching again. Pics of new big shop :smokin:

only real progress is i pulled the hood of yesterday because its in the fu*king way and snagged a new X case

I ditched the Borg bastrad case i got this Ford 205 w/ TH400 adapter. the guy i bought it off said it was set up for twin sticks but I've never messed with a 205 and this shit looks all jacked up. anyone have a picture of what its supposed to look like?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Ever get pics of that homebuikt nitrogen fill set up? Gonna need one myself to charge my air bumps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
got a decent amount done this weekend, mocked up the intake (still need a MAF) and bent a spreader bar for the shock hoops w/ flanges for removal. bolted up the NP205 checked clearances and pulled the motor right after this pic

word to the wise, bleed your airshocks before you attempt to pull the motor, learn from me. it got crazy when i picked the motor up with the lift, ended up pushing the motor motors up past the motor and the bumper was about chest high.

anyway, finshed welding a few things in the front, built a X-case cross member / hoop thing to protect the hang downy thing on the 205. then shot it all low gloss black

got the last few things hooked up on the motor, belts on ect almost ready to go back in, Waiting on the spud shaft from AA for the X case and shifter kit from NWF.

Wife informed me she'll be leaving wednesday to sunday this week, should be getting a ton of shit done this week/weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How are you planning to handle the fuel pump? Some say it will run like junk without the fuel control module and PWM pump. Others say just run a regulator and return line and it will be fine. I'm getting ready to swap the gen V 4.3 in an old CJ and looking for some ideas.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How are you planning to handle the fuel pump? Some say it will run like junk without the fuel control module and PWM pump. Others say just run a regulator and return line and it will be fine. I'm getting ready to swap the gen V 4.3 in an old CJ and looking for some ideas.
I'm running the walbro pump w/ regulator and return line, the internets say if you keep the pressure up it'll run fine

here is a good article on it - https://www.standaloneharness.com/gen-5-lt1-l86-l83.html

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,259 Posts
I plan to run PWM everything.

Fuel pump and cooling fans.

GM spent millions figuring it out... more HP and reliability. Why not?

21 - 40 of 74 Posts