Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow! Ours are similar! Even the same color!! I sat mine on a Chevy frame and didn't like how hi it sat either. That's why I built my frame. The center section where the cab goes is a 10" drop from the rest of the frame.

Yours is looking sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Wow! Ours are similar! Even the same color!! I sat mine on a Chevy frame and didn't like how hi it sat either. That's why I built my frame. The center section where the cab goes is a 10" drop from the rest of the frame.

Yours is looking sweet!!!
It's crazy because I envisioned my frame almost exactly like you built yours. However I plan on 2x6 for the lower belly frame rail so that I can channel the body 4'' and have the left over 2'' for the sliders. No subframe needed for the skid that way. The kick ups will be made with 2x4 tube. I planned on a 12''-14'' kick up using a 4 link and coil set up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's crazy because I envisioned my frame almost exactly like you built yours. However I plan on 2x6 for the lower belly frame rail so that I can channel the body 4'' and have the left over 2'' for the sliders. No subframe needed for the skid that way. The kick ups will be made with 2x4 tube. I planned on a 12''-14'' kick up using a 4 link and coil set up.
So any progress on said plans?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im no chevy guy by anymeans but i do like the way those old 30's chevys look good work man keep it up i hope to see some updates soon :flipoff2:

·
4X4 HACK
2,970 Posts
Any thing ever come of this truck?

·
4X4 HACK
2,970 Posts
Looks awesome! I've been haunted at night by a ratrod4x4 build. Now that I finally found one I think I'm hooked.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Just send em a pm. I bet its not an issue.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
I made a big order from Ruff Stuff, 7/8'' heims, spacers, link tabs, etc. I have the frame rails squared, gusseted, and end crossmembers in. It is tacked to the chassis table and will be getting the drive train mounted as soon as I can get a 205 here.

281 - 300 of 362 Posts