Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time I am attempting to do anything like this :eek::eek:Thought I would throw up some pictures for some feedback. It is all thanks to Pirate that the factory junk is out the window :laughing:

Prior to this, the biggest thing I had ever done was a 1.25" body lift on the TJ...Just goes to show what a Red Star and some patience can do for you.

2002 TJ
4.0L
NV3550
NP231
14B/60
42" Iroks

14B Shaved and Disc'd

D60 E-locker installed!

Front D60, hi-steer, yukon shafts, 5.38 gears, even imitation Deadenbear knuckles, done!

-Joe

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stripped down,

Keeping the old Full-Traction belly pan, will utilize existing control arm mounts.

Out with the old,

:eek:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jigging up hummer rims, no I did not use the ammo can :flipoff2:

New rear frame,

Here we go!

Throw a tire on for full stuff,

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track bar, going to re-do it with a slight bend to clear the pumpkin on full bump,

16" kings, 2" dia, remote resi,

Limiting factor, You've got to be kidding me!

Redneck Ram,

35 spl flanges,

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front coilover crossbrace, to hell with flanges, too lazy :flipoff2:

Rear, had to run it lower so I can fit the cooler :smokin: Cage will be tied into hoops later, you can see the re-used fuel skid,

Rear bumps...Fox. leave my welds out of this :flipoff2:

Shitty that they had to come through the floor however,

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of tonight, to hell with it. Time to rip out the radiator and fix that limiting factor!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I like the flangeless cross brace!!!!!

I did the same thing, got the bar welded in and said, "Mehh Fuck it!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Cool I like it. Can you post up some more of the BTF rear frame like around where you mated it up to the factory frame? Post more when you can.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Looks good Gis.....can you post up a photo of your ram set up that shows where/how you mounted the static end of the ram ? How many inches did you stretch the front and what pitman arm did you use with the astro box ?Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
those are S&N Fab flanges

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a few frame shots I could find:

and to everyone concerned about weight, go through one mud hole and all that bling is worthless :flipoff2:

Let me know if you need different shots. basically, you chop the frame as soon as it flattens out, just infront of the body mount.

Rugger, I dont have a pic handy but the ram is attached to the diff cover. I had seen a number of people do it so I just copied them! The front is stretched 6-7" and I am using the factory Astro Van pitman arm (its a reverse throw box).

I hope this helps you both!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Gis,

thanks for the frame shots. Man...thats some built up dirt!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Be sure to reinforce the upper link bracket on the front. I ran the same ballistic bracket, it tore on all 4 sides, bent a coilover shaft in the process. It looks good, but the cutouts severely weakened it.

1 - 20 of 335 Posts