Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2.5in lift YJ's front and TJ coils rear, between the rear steer and the fact the front didn't flex 1/8 of what the rear did unless it was backed up something as seen here, it didn't work to hot...

ok here's a before pic...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok after a nice crash of my comp i'll try to finish this thread tonight!

here's the front Waggy D44 all gutted and cleaned and narrowed to 58in and getting ready to install teh spring over plate on teh pass side ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok here's the new D44 front all narrowed and sprung over... ready to get stuffed up in the beast...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
since the springs have been outboarded so far, we had to include the rear shackle hanger into a new body mount at the same time..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the front spring bucket's also sat outside the frame... so we made a pretty heavy gusset for it...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since we didn't want to change the master/booster, and we were using ford 5 on 5.5 hub's we mounted the stock sami rotors to the ford hub's (perfect fit) and modified the caliper bracket accordingly...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the offset of the zuk calipers was perfect to use a small piece of 3/8 plate and adapt them right together :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well here she sit's under the rig... 58in wide D44 5.38's and a Lock-Rite, all from Randy's ;)

the tie rod is the stock waggy cut down 3in and sleved with pipe, and it was a DAMN tight fit to pund in there... the drag link is similar material with hyme's for ends

the spring's are 5 leaf YJ's with the 2nd leaf from the 2.5in lift YJ's added as a 2nd leaf to these packs...

he wanted to lower the ride from before, we got approx 1.5in drop, it's perfect :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and the rear offset D44 was 58in wide already, and 5 on 5.5, so all we did for it was add some 5.38's and a spool (welded)

for the brakes we adapted the sammi caliper's to the flange for the axle, total bolt on deal and the rotor's slid perfectly over the axle flanged using the studs for centering...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
and here's a pic of it all finished, minus shocks and flexed up on teh stair's at the neighbors, actually gained some travel and at 53degrees with 3 ppl pushing against it it would not go over, granted we could have pushed alot harder, but it was damned stable...

the rear spring's are 5 leaf YJ's with the main leaf from a 2.5in lift YJ pack cut down and used as the 2nd leaf

all 4 corner's will be roudned out with RS9012's sicne that's what he had on it before, a lil sawzall action is in order for some more clearance on teh fender's...

the brakes will lock the tires up no problem, and it handles 10x better at road speeds than before... not to mention it travels alot farther!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Shit, well i guess we won't have all those :beer: breaks waiting on him to change is broken axles anymore. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AMJ said:
Shit, well i guess we won't have all those :beer: breaks waiting on him to change is broken axles anymore. :flipoff2:

to bad i seriously thing the next weak link is gonna be the t-case...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Thanks for posting all those pics !!! I'm doing a toy swap with leaf fronts and coil rears but I know when I was researching my options it was hard to find several shots of one rig to see the whole picture... Looks cool !!! I dig the custom brake parts.... This board rules !

-yag

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
weezman1 said:
How far did you have to outboard the springs in comparison to the stock spring mounts?
the front spring's are stock toy width @ 29in center to center, and the rear's are set with the frame in the rear @ 31in center to center, stock zuk front is 28 and rear is 37 :D

the wheelbase is also 86in :D

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Very nice work....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
hay fatty

dave (dsi) and i did all of it we started last tusday or wensday and done with it drove it out of the shop on sunday after noon the thing is sweet stable as all heck i have a thouse steps in my back yard and shit i have drove over them like 20 times when i had the coils was scared shitless to even go up that far its kinda giving me a new look on things :)

Dan :massey:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts