Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinkin about making a build thread for a few weeks now but I pretty much suck when it comes to computers and my jeeps nothin like some of the stuff I see on here.
The jeeps an '82 cj7 (jamboree anniversary edition) I picked up about 3 years ago. I would have started building sooner but it took me a while to discover pirate:homer:

Anyway Here goes..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
quickly put a 4" lift on it and DD it for a long time like this with 33"s
Did some moderate to mild wheeling every chance I got and 9 times out of 10 it seems like something was breaking.
Also painted it after a couple months of having it ... its pretty faded now but I think I like it more that way
lots of bolt on stuff ... corbeau seats, swaybar disconnects, winch, blah, blah, blah

couple poser pics:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, when does the build start?
What are your plans? Do you got all your parts lined up?
Ive got about 80% or so of the parts lined up
the build is already underway Ill try to get cought up tonite on where im at with pics but heres a some specs:
14ff rear 5.13 gears, grizzly locker, discs
78 HP dana 60 front(still need to regear), solid knuckles
STAK D300 RAC stock gears, 32 spline output
custom full cage about 90% done
39.5 IROKs on H2 rims
hiline fenders
low COG

...stay tuned I hope you all enjoy

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why stock gears in the D300? Are you going to be driving this on the road?

Suspension plans? Are you keeping those 4" SUA springs?
why use a ford front? drivers side drop?
Jb gears in the furure just can't afford it at the moment
Stock yj springs SUA in the rear, I had the 4 inchers on for a while but it sat too high for my liking I've got pics of that also
3 link front with 14 inch travel KING remote res.
I wanted a high pinion front so I went with a 78 ,I had a 94 under it but it didn't fit between the framerails the way the 78 does ... funny story how I came about the 78 axle...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4.2 l i6 with howell efi 50 state smog legal kit
Its not a dd but it will be driven on the street

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
We understand the HP60 but unless you re-tube it or change your case. the 60 wont work with your CJ,

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
with the stak case it will....:shaking:
Thought the Stak case was just a replacement case. Hes just getting the replacement with stock gears. Unless when you order the case you can get either side drop and if so he is replacing case like I posted :D:D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think for the price of a RAC its only worth getting if you need to run drivers side drop which is what I have
Stock d300 gears will work in any RAC

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Learn something new every day didn't know you could choose which side drop you want when doing a replacement case from stak. Kool build you have going on

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Learn something new every day didn't know you could choose which side drop you want when doing a replacement case from stak. Kool build you have going on
Yup same with the Atlas t-case or he could have flipped a stock D300 and run it that way also.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yup same with the Atlas t-case or he could have flipped a stock D300 and run it that way also.
Ya I knew about the flipped case and atlas. OK we done, now back to the build :D:D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright ill try to get you guys somewhat cought up on how the build progressed to what it is now

at first I bought a BTF full width kit and was planning on running 44,14bolt combo out of a 79 camper speciel I got for free, with 37 inch tires

then I decided to just run 1 tons with stock internal and since the dana 60 already had 5.13 gears Id only have to regear once and save some money ... if only I knew:shaking:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 292 Posts