Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Not recently. Summer came and gone with summer activities. Took the blue TJ wheeling a few times but I did decide to mount a pitbull tonight.

I have a question. For those of you with 42" rockers and raceline wheels with aluminum rings. How many ring spacers are you running? I have 2 and the ring isn't sitting flat. Need to buy longer bolts too since the 1.5" they came with barely thread on.

For cyber Monday I ordered Lower control arm mounts and rear LJ corner blanks so parts will start coming in so I need to step up my game.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just the one mounted and aired up to 25psi. 3 1/8" ring spacers and 2" bolts. Not sure if it's got enough clamp load on bead or not but outer ring isn't angled like with 2 spacers.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Artec LJ aluminum corner blanks arrived from Black Friday today.

Planning to ramp up the build after the first of the year.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Well... need to step up and put this one into high gear. Adding another Jeeper this summer. Planning to put a wider bench in the back to give the kids more room. I know prp makes a 48" bench that fits 3 across.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Congrats! They actually go wider. I’m ordering a 54” bench for mine. Need to fit 3 car seats.

Thanks. I saw they make full benches. I’ve got some time before 3. There wouldn’t be much inner fender left with a 54” bench in the back.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Well I finally got to spend some time out in the shop to clean and tear things apart. I also wasted a bunch of time working on kerosene heaters. My torpedo heater still smokes and puts off some bad fumes. Jet is clear, it’s lighting and the air pressure is spot on. Ended up using a couple of radiant heaters instead since they’re tolerable but they don’t put out much heat.

The subframe is going to be set aside so I can stretch the tub first. It’s going to be easier to do it on the chassis table since I have a small shop.

It’s all just sitting there for now. Had to pull the nv3550 anyway since I’m going c4.

I also have to order he advance adapters C4 tail housing so I can mock up that transmission.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My 97 blue TJ on 37s has an auto. After wheeling it the first time I told my buddy, “ I talked smack for a lot of years about an auto, but man it’s so much nicer not to have to shift as much.”

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
It’s been cold this week so haven’t been able to come out to the shop.

I’m starting to fixture the tub to the table and started thinking. Where should I cut the tub?

Black or white line?

I’m planning on making new inner fenders. Most seem to cut towards the front but they jeep the factory inner fenders.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How much of a body stretch are you doing? Front line keeps the rear floor more in tact, and doesn’t make a mile long wheel well.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts