Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Been working on out boarding the shocks with F250 mounts. Wish I could get more up travel out of them. Took a bunch of measurements last night but decided after I finished, I need to weigh the back end since there’s no spare tire and no fuel tank in the back. Adding those should give me a better point where the springs will sit. Looking at setting the droop to just when the spring lets go and trying to get as much up travel as possible. Right now it’s around 50/50 up vs down. Probably will end up raising the upper mount about half an inch more. I only have 10” travel shocks so that’s a limiting factor.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Blue TJ
Genright 15 gallon stretch tank
Ford F-250 mounts are welded up
New track bar going on from the tuff stuff specialties kit
Tow rig cummins 2500 got a PSC box and Borgeson steering shaft
Still gotta pull the hard top off, finish weld the track bar, pull rear seat, strap spare in back of jeep, fix an arb line, and several other things before I can load up and head out Friday morning.

After this trip baby prep at our house and then back to work on the buggy

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Took it wheeling over the weekend. Second father son trip and this one was 3 days and about 4.5 hours from home. My 2 and a half year old had a blast.

Passenger tire was only a few feet in the air here. My son only got scared a few times.

After putting the 3 link in, moving the front axle forward a little, building a new track bar, why not check for clearance issues at 11pm before loading it on the trailer. F250 shock mounts are much better than stock.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Been away a while and this got put on hold again with my daughter being born in July of last year and other things.

I’ve now got a roller 351w, built c6 and a goat LJ chassis on order. Picked up the chassis jig today.
Engine will get heads, cam, intake, and Holley sniper efi along with whatever it needs after we tear into it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely digging this build man. My TJ frame is sh*t from t-case mounts back and was planning on doing an LJ stretch just like you. I have 2 parts I'm anticipating to be a PITA: 1. That middle body 'stretch' panel and 2. wanting a rear tube chassis still utilizing a stock tub for a back seat. Reading this thread has helped give me a visual on these 2 problems. Similar boat though, work took me overseas so all I can do right now is plan her all out. Keep it up!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts