Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
dude that is so bad ass. make me one pleeeease. i think that would be a scout i could actually afford to own (damn i miss my 78 scout II).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
GreenGo80-the big one in the background is four wheel drive :grinpimp:

JetFxr- I've seen the rc crawler and i envy it....i thought i was decent at making rc car bodies but that tops the cake.....tell me a little bit about that Scout-kart.....from what i understood they were some sort of promo or giveaway.....how many are out there? it looks pretty fun

I will be hustling on the Scout III this weekend and will definitely get some pics up.....i might be covered in "sanding dust" ;)

·
Registurd Abuser
2,727 Posts
I checked out the one I have out back. it has a 5 speed, 11 hp engine and a walking beam front end. It also has working head lights :D time to look for some more wheels like the rears to put some atv rockers on.:smokin:

Samford, what do you know about the 5 speed transmission that is part of the rear axle? good, bad?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
GreenGo80-the big one in the background is four wheel drive :grinpimp:

JetFxr- I've seen the rc crawler and i envy it....i thought i was decent at making rc car bodies but that tops the cake.....tell me a little bit about that Scout-kart.....from what i understood they were some sort of promo or giveaway.....how many are out there? it looks pretty fun

I will be hustling on the Scout III this weekend and will definitely get some pics up.....i might be covered in "sanding dust" ;)
As I understand it, the carts were a dealer promotional item. Story I have is that if you bought a new Scout, you could buy a cart. What I have found is there are four out there beside the one I bought. I understand they were made by a company that also made other promotional carts, I have a cart chassis from one of these also. My cart is in Minneapolis waiting for a truck heading this way. I will do a frame off on it when it shows up, I have worked with Mike Moore to get the required decals. Tempted as I am, I will keep it stock. I love the idea of getting one of those 4x4 carts and making a rock crawling Scout cart but I think it is to rare to hack up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
'71 800B- Post a picture and i will see if i recognize it but i really dont know that much about garden tractors, Gramps and I just use what we have.

JetFxr- Its too bad you are so far away cuz the guys at IHWR in April would get a kick out of that thing. That looks like a Briggs motor in there, what hp?

Chris- Cool story bro...... :flipoff2: hey can you build a mini cage for me? :grinpimp:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ok some updates for today.....Gramps had the day off and was on a mission to get the hood done

but before that.......here is the exhaust painted with the hangers

after we got everything installed, the carb rebuilt, and the body put on, I took it for the maiden voyage around the block. It did great and even got into some water!!!! You know, real triple diamond stuff :flipoff2:

heres the hood

·
Registurd Abuser
2,727 Posts
That hood is friggin :smokin::smokin: I will get a picture when it stops raining. The trans I have has the drive pulley on top of it and the axles come out the sides of it. I could see a rear suspension working as the drive belt would allow some movement if set up right.

I am really diggin your build. Keep it up:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
samford, that thing is totally insane! I have one of the original promo karts, problem with it is there's no room in it if your adult, unless your double jointed or a "little person".

Top notch work, can't wait to see more progress, the craftsmanship is amazing!

Hers my kart:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
These little karts are cool pieces of IH history....that one looks like it has a Honda clone OHV motor....I'm guessing that its been replaced. I wonder what came in this originally?

Anyways, progress on the Scout III

-Second try on the hood hinge didnt work, now for Plan D
-The scout is now one color (first coat of primer before sanding)
-Started planning for the headlights, taillights, gas cap, and door handles

Pics

21 - 40 of 71 Posts