Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude, not to dis the original promo carts but your cart is way better looking and closer to scale. Decals for the lights and tailgate....Cmon, you sir have set the bar for a Scout Cart. A working Hood?! Hell Ya!

I have to agree, it is pretty amazing! I have to admit I was pretty bummed when I picked up my kart and saw the layout up close, just cause I could not ride it:shaking:

Oh yea, Samford, mine does have a honda in it, 6.5. Not sure what they used originally, I would guess a Tecumseh 3.5 or 4hp, Some of the other cars that company produced I think used them. Tec's were in pretty tight with the minibike/yard kart companies that were still afloat in the '70's-80's.

When you all done shaping etc.. what do you guys use to seal and strengthen the body? What kind of woods are you using?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
the skeleton is made out of redwood....its a little soft but the paint will harden it up a little bit
and the panels are made out of masonite

we are using a primer sealant.....it wont see much weather and will always be garaged.....maybe a little dirt, we will see

·
Registered
18 Posts
love the little scout

i like this little scout. i showed it my girl she says {i see your next progect} this is a possiblety since my father has a very large wood working shop with every tool you can think of

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,027 Posts
So.... what's the over/under on somebody going to the hospital :flipoff2:

Cool ride :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
So.... what's the over/under on somebody going to the hospital :flipoff2:

Cool ride :grinpimp:
Lol! I'm puttin down a palm will get bloodied from trying to save a roll over from a highspeed drift at IHWR. I heard this bad boy will be at the KOA campground near Calico this Month for it's First Showing. Hopefully I get my daughters wagon done by then for it to tow the ice chest around.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Lol! I'm puttin down a palm will get bloodied from trying to save a roll over from a highspeed drift at IHWR. I heard this bad boy will be at the KOA campground near Calico this Month for it's First Showing. Hopefully I get my daughters wagon done by then for it to tow the ice chest around.

Jay, get that wagon done!!!

More sanding and painting today, hopefully some pics

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I got a little present from my buddy, Dan the Machinist...

My grandfather worked on the door handles and the lights today... so much to do....so little time

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Where do you live? Cali or Texas or...?
Wisconsin......duh, cant you tell by the weather?

nah.....I'm in SoCal

Well gentlemen, I think the build for the most part has come to an end. Besides some more small details, we have put the finishing touches on the Scout III. Here is how she stands.....

Complete with quarter panel lines, an arrangement of lights, a complete grill, door handles, fresh paint, and a faux gas cap.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts