Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 1296 Posts

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got everything just about tied up on the jeep for a while. It has been a work of progress over the last 3 or so years. Here are the current general build specs:

-stretch wheelbase 7" rear 2" front (102" overall)
-4 link rear, 4 link and panhard front
-'81 waggy 44 front 4340's, ctms, full spool, Ford 5 on 5.5 outers, 5.38s, and warn hubs
-TJ 44 rear, BTF truss, Detroit, 5.38s, alloy USA shafts 5 on 5.5
-37" iroks on 17" walker evans beadlocks
-Fox 14" Coilovers front and stock ZJ rear coils rear
-BTF fuel cell

Attachments

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here are the rear tube flares

Attachments

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. I like your front bumper. Did you build that yourself?
it is a currie bumper, but I capped the pointy ends off and added the tube work. Design was inspired by schmo's (schmozilla)

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Bling bling dude... You may want to see if you can make that upper a bit longer (pinion travel)
Yea, I'm planning on bringing them back further but I didn't want to mess with the exhaust yet. School is about to start kicking my ass so Ill try to get it done before Moab in March

Looks good. You still using the stock steering box in its original location? If so, did you have to move the panhard frame mount to get the 2" out of the front?
Steering box is in stock location. Ill snap some more pics this afternoon. I BARELY got by with the 2" front stretch, the tie rod is actually directly underneath the waggy pitman arm and stops at full bump about 3/4 inch away.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yea, I'm planning on bringing them back further but I didn't want to mess with the exhaust yet. School is about to start kicking my ass so Ill try to get it done before Moab in March

Steering box is in stock location. Ill snap some more pics this afternoon. I BARELY got by with the 2" front stretch, the tie rod is actually directly underneath the waggy pitman arm and stops at full bump about 3/4 inch away.

So, all you did to get the 2" out of the front was to move your panhard frame mount and get a waggy pitman arm?

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, all you did to get the 2" out of the front was to move your panhard frame mount and get a waggy pitman arm?
I threaded the RE lower arms out so about 1" of threads were still threaded, then sleeved over the exposed threads to keep from bending. I rebuilt both ends of the panhard mount to get it out of the way of everything. It is moved up on the axle and up on the frame. I had to use a waggy pitman arm to get the travel out of the longer knuckles on the 44. here are a bunch more pics that should show how everything went together.

Attachments

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and more...

Attachments

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still need to connect the tube flare to the CO hoop, make inner fender wells, re-do the front upper links and do a passenger side bumpstop on the front, but everything else is about finished up.

1 - 20 of 1296 Posts