Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, i sold my rig a few weeks ago and happened upon this Blue Torch Fab unfinished buggy for sale. It has been one that i admired for some time and when i saw it for sale i had to get it.

A buddy of mine and i made the trek from here in jackson, ms to murfreesboro, tn on sunday and picked up stinky.

i can truly say that the work that Bender and Dan did designing this chassis is top notch. the front and rear winch plates

this will be another 'slow-boat' build through much of the winter due to my schedule at the restaurant where i work. this is a crazy time of year.

i will probably spend my extra time (and $$$) sourcing the parts i know i need and then getting ideas on how to finish up certain areas of the car. i am definitely open to suggestions from all of you guys, so, if you have and idea, let me know, i would love to hear them....

my immediate plans for stinky are:

mastercraft seats (it is set up for them)
POS full hydro, set up orbital mount and column etc.
wilwood dual master cylinder
art carr shifter for the th350
set up atlas shifters
swap out 4wd 4.3 oil pan for 2wd
send off harness
ron davis radiator
some bling aeromotive fuel lines and pump, etc....
headers
and the list goes on.....

here are a few pics of the new ride as it sits. my buddy is letting me house it in his 3rd garage for the winter while we get the ball rolling on it.....

if you are not familliar with this project...the specs on the rig are:
2006 BTF custom chassis double triangulated 4 link fr/rr
race runner 2.0's
4.3 vortec v6
built th350
atlas 4.3
front, chromoly/CTM HD D44 detroit/4.88s
rear, D60 35 spline yukon chromos detroit/4.88s
39.5 iroks on MRW beadlocks
custom front and rear winch mounts...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I am the buddy with the third garage. I can tell you this will be one sick rig when it is done. I am going to enjoy watching the build of this first hand and hopefully be able to learn alot from the project. I can tell you it is called Project Stinky, but there is nothing about this project that stinks at all. The chassis looks to be well thought out and the work is top notch. Yes, they are bias ply Iroks.

Stay tuned.....

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
under_psi said:
well, we are not too far apart. and wheel in some of the same areas....

Dan, isn't collierville somewhere near memphis....?

Collierville is right outside of Memphis

·
Registered
684 Posts
bigsilly said:
I am the buddy with the third garage. I can tell you this will be one sick rig when it is done. I am going to enjoy watching the build of this first hand and hopefully be able to learn alot from the project. I can tell you it is called Project Stinky, but there is nothing about this project that stinks at all. The chassis looks to be well thought out and the work is top notch. Yes, they are bias ply Iroks.

Stay tuned.....
I am sure I will be helping out with this some also since I will be living pretty close to you after this weekend. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
what's the overall height? I've always loved this chassis, too bad it's set up for a jeep hood/grill:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right now, it is roughly 69" tall @ the highest point on the cage...it currently sits on the bottom of the 2.0 race runners....it will not get the coils on it until it is completed and corner weighed. then, it should ride 4"-5" taller....pretty low if you ask me. especially since my old TJ was over 75" tall, and had smaller tires....

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
guardrail said:
I think the buggy left your area dan.
Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi... all one area. :smokin:

Sometimes Georgia, and Illinois if you're hardcore enough (Schmo)

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Im 3.5 hr from Jackson.

That makes at least two :smokin: buggys in Jackson MS.

Nolan (wngrog) just moved there also. Heres his rig

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Dan Dibble said:
Im 3.5 hr from Jackson.

That makes at least two :smokin: buggys in Jackson MS.

Nolan (wngrog) just moved there also. Heres his rig

i know..he only lives about 10min. north of me in Canton....i need to get up there and take a closer look at it than i was able to get in Clayton, OK this summer....his rig is teh nuts..:smokin:...and so is yers....but on a whole different level...

he's on the road so much it will probably be a while....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
American said:
Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi... all one area. :smokin:

Sometimes Georgia, and Illinois if you're hardcore enough (Schmo)

Schmo is even worse, hes native to South Carolina.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
awesome...glad to see you got another rig so quick....youd get a good deal on that sucker? You got a lot of good stuff already on it...

1 - 20 of 223 Posts