Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Dude, before you know it, we'll have some rock around here to crawl around on and actual, fo' real 4x4 shops
I was a weeeee bit young when I lived there last, but my family is from Mississippi and I'm back down there every couple of months. My dad owns two of the buildings on Capitol Street in downtown, they are being renovated now. What's the closest rocks to Jackson? Hot Springs?

·
Banned
24,243 Posts
Hot Springs or Gardendale - Gray Rock, AL

but we have some rock that slivers through the state and punches up some 150ft hills...... just have to find the biggest deposit of it, cut some trails dig the dirt off and we'll have us a little park around here.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
I am sure you and your Dad probably know Ted Duckworth then.....we do alot of work for him.
:laughing::laughing: I just talked to him and he knows Ted. My dad is in Jackson way more than I am, but I make it down there a few times a year.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cool rig! I'm just curious why you call it Stinky. I was hoping it was diesel but it aint. What, do you only eat beans when you wrench on it? If so, when its done it could change names from Stinky to the MagicalFruitmobile.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Ahh man. I had to put my build on hold to get married. Good luck with that!! I can't focus on two projects at once so my junk just sat for 6 months until I could recouperate mentally. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Did you make sure and parked stinky in the middle of the garage so Victoria can't sneak her car in there? :flipoff2:

I guess I can come help you work on yours since I can't do shit to mine until I get some more money, but I won't come over there without going swimming! :grinpimp:
oh yeah, it is taking up the whole garage...why don't u take up the your whole garage again??????

wait, i know...b/c Pam pwn3s jer ballz, and pam gets what pam wantz

come on over and help...i need the motivation...i am so broke right now...but at least i have a ton of stuff that i can do that (hopefully) won't need any substantial amount of $$...the pool is freshly cleaned and tested....:smokin:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Cool rig! I'm just curious why you call it Stinky. I was hoping it was diesel but it aint. What, do you only eat beans when you wrench on it? If so, when its done it could change names from Stinky to the MagicalFruitmobile.
stinky got its name while the chassis was being built at BTF....has to do with Dan, Bender, and a fart....:barf:....and i thought that i would keep its original namesake when i got it from teh original owner....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ahh man. I had to put my build on hold to get married. Good luck with that!! I can't focus on two projects at once so my junk just sat for 6 months until I could recouperate mentally. :laughing:
yeah, the whole getting married thing was not too bad for me. i was mainly waiting on a house...now that i have a garage of my own, my tools where i can use them, and a bunch of parts, i should be good to go...:shaking:

·
Registered
684 Posts
oh yeah, it is taking up the whole garage...why don't u take up the your whole garage again??????

wait, i know...b/c Pam pwn3s jer ballz, and pam gets what pam wantz

come on over and help...i need the motivation...i am so broke right now...but at least i have a ton of stuff that i can do that (hopefully) won't need any substantial amount of $$...the pool is freshly cleaned and tested....:smokin:
:flipoff2: sneaky!

The little stuff is what is going to get you and add up. I went to buy 5 bolts for my steering and panhard bar when I was putting it together and after buying bolts, washer, lock nuts, nuts, etc. I ended up walking out of Lowes with $60 worth of hardware. :shaking:

·
Registered
19,461 Posts

The little stuff is what is going to get you and add up. I went to buy 5 bolts for my steering and panhard bar when I was putting it together and after buying bolts, washer, lock nuts, nuts, etc. I ended up walking out of Lowes with $60 worth of hardware. :shaking:
Don't get me started on cut off wheels and flap discs. :eek::eek:

About makes me sick just thinking about it. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

yeah, i know...things like steel braided fuel line and brakes lines and misc tabs and brackets are what i am expecting to get bitten with....but i am ready and it is worth it to take the time and do it right the first time.....

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
yeah, i know...things like steel braided fuel line and brakes lines and misc tabs and brackets are what i am expecting to get bitten with....but i am ready and it is worth it to take the time and do it right the first time.....
I know what you mean with the fuel line. I bought some pimp kevlar coated SS braided for my junk. That was a hard day. :eek:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
i set the gas tank in place last nite, only using cardboard to mock it where i want it...not much room in the rear after that...(10 gal plastic rci tank)...

i still have to move the rest of my junk over to the house from Joel's garage. i will probably start with setting up the master cylinders this weekend and the have a couple of yall over to help me with mocking the floor up......
love the black text :D

I was out working on my shit last nite and had a funny feeling I wasn't the only one. give me a call sometime, we need to get on that thing...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
stinky got its name while the chassis was being built at BTF....has to do with Dan, Bender, and a fart....:barf:....and i thought that i would keep its original namesake when i got it from teh original owner....
Thats not how we named it. It did include Bender and I. The name came from the term "put a lil stink on it". Which means adding something cool to it. If you have to know that is how we named it.

In the end I think it turned out pretty cool. Bender was not feeling it when I described to him what I wanted to build. We started the project as a new rig for me. It was something I had been wanting to build for a while. I thought the frame rail design would be different and offer some advantages. I want to build another very soon. I still like the design. I think in the end Bender came around and liked it.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thats not how we named it. It did include Bender and I. The name came from the term "put a lil stink on it". Which means adding something cool to it. If you have to know that is how we named it.

In the end I think it turned out pretty cool. Bender was not feeling it when I described to him what I wanted to build. We started the project as a new rig for me. It was something I had been wanting to build for a while. I thought the frame rail design would be different and offer some advantages. I want to build another very soon. I still like the design. I think in the end Bender came around and liked it.

-Dan
thanks for clearing that up.

tom, the guy i got (stinky) from, told me that it had to do with you and bender, a fart and someone saying that their shot dont stink...lol...

joseph...that would be cool...i may want a little help placing the radiator and fuel cell sometime this weekend. i want to try and get some brackets made out of that chloroplast that i have....then i can get them cut out by chris...hopefully....

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
If you need my 110 welder, I actually have a very good one.

Good for welding tabs and Dzus plates on.

Lemme know what you need.......

Keep the D44....get it running...swap it out later. We have a lot of wheeling to do....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
If you need my 110 welder, I actually have a very good one.

Good for welding tabs and Dzus plates on.

Lemme know what you need.......

Keep the D44....get it running...swap it out later. We have a lot of wheeling to do....
i am gonna leave the HP 44 in until i cant stand it anymore...it is built and ready to go...i have spares....i will keep posting it for sale....

hopefully, i will get everything i need on saturday to run a 220 line for my welder....i am gonna have joseph come help me get it right....

hell, i may recruit you to bring it over too, and just help tack & weld tabs on...as long as they dont look like boogers...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
684 Posts
i am gonna leave the HP 44 in until i cant stand it anymore...it is built and ready to go...i have spares....i will keep posting it for sale....

hopefully, i will get everything i need on saturday to run a 220 line for my welder....i am gonna have joseph come help me get it right....

hell, i may recruit you to bring it over too, and just help tack & weld tabs on...as long as they dont look like boogers...:flipoff2:

Joseph can definitely help you out with running that 220 line. I can also but I would trust Joesph over me. :grinpimp:

41 - 60 of 223 Posts