Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Damn, glad to hear you are doing ok and back in action. Having to do much physical therapy?
Yeah i have had a few wrecks on bikes. This one tops all cause this was my first time breaking anything.

Actually both doctors since i cant sit still i put myself beyond the PT and now its just dealing with the spikes of pain throught the day. 3 months in that brace gave me a real bad stiff neck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So all together I fractured my wrist really bad and now sport some 13 screws and a plate in there. And I got an OCF (Occipital Condyle Fracture) basically it’s the base of your skull where it rests on your spine. It’s a pretty serious fracture and not many survivors from it. So 3 months in a Halo immobilization brace screwed into my skull I couldn’t really do anything on the jeep.
no excuses, get back to work:flipoff2:

glad to hear your OK, your rig is looking good

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Oh yeah.

So i have been real busy getting everything done on the jeep. Then just have using it every day.

I found some 38s for a real good deal and i had to do it. They are pretty good tread, but i am not a fan of the dryrot. :(

also in the mean time my Heim joint steering got done and finally put in the cj pitman arm. :D

Today i tightened everything up and installed my throttle on my shifter. I will get a picture of that tomorrow. Its a choke cable and i installed it where the cruise was. i cant wait to test it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I saw your jeep a couple of weeks ago in Newton Looks good...i

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yeah, i was driving it for a bit, i got pulled over cause inspection tho so i am not driving it much anymore.

i need to take out my engine and trans to get my trans leaks fixed so its been down for a while. Hopefully by next month ill be taking it to RC and a few other places. Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Hi, so its been a while, but i haven't forgotten the jeep.

I am actually going to remove the chevy 4.3 thats in the jeep and replace it with the LT1 350 that i have in my car!

I started yesterday with taking the jeep apart. Ill get some pictures of it tonight in the garage.

The motor is a 96 Impala SS motor that I got with 80k miles on it. I put it in the car about 3-4 months ago.

I came across a 5.3l and a T56 for a LS1, so thats going to be a better choice in the car. Mainly because of the transmission, I currently have a non-WC T5 in the car and its whining really loud.

Im hoping to have the jeep done in a week or two so that i can have winter transportation! Powerful rwd cars are fun but not practical in the snow!

ill update as more gets done.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So i have some updates.

The Trans is rebuilt with new bearings and seals.
The Transfercase has been modified finally to allow full twin-stick control, Now i am finishing up the seals on it before reinstalling it.

I am lifting the entire drivetrain about 3 inches and lowering the jeep to make up the difference.

Got my mud flaps and fender extensions installed on the drivers side.

I also have been working on the dash as well.
I need to get most of the work done before i take apart the car. As of now all i have is the car and bike and its winter time! HaHa.

The pictures are from my phone so i know they are crap! Ill try to get an update by the end of the week. I hope to have the exhaust built and motor mounts in and ready to just drop the LT1 in and wire it.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Did you sell the 4.3.. I might know someone who is looking...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts