Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 514 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this is hardcore enough for you, if not please move:D

Figured I would post this on Pirate4x4 to pimp all the products and vendors that got me all the awesome parts.

Started out as a stock 2002 TJ Sahara. It then morphed over the years with a Rubicon Express LA, OX lockers front and rear, Atlas 4.3:1, tube fender, TBT Alumiflex crossover steering, etc., etc.

Over the past few trips to Clayton, Katemcy and Hidden Valley, I managed to put a good wear into the passenger corner. Having the desire to stretch and needing corners, I decided now was the time.

Plan, stretch the front 1" and stretch the rear 4"+.

Parts:
-> Poly Performance
- Rear 4-Link Frame Brackets
- Front 3-Link Frame Mounts
- Rear Truss (via Gen-Right)
- Rear Lower Axle Mounts

-> Gen-Right
- Stretch Corners
- Mini-boat Side Rockers
- Body Mount Lift Kit
- Outboard Rear Shock Mount Kit

-> Ballistic Fabrication
- 2.63" Forged Joints (all around)
- Tube Adapters and Jam Nuts (all around)

I am going to use 1.75" x .250" wall for the uppers and 2.0" x .250" wall for the lowers.

I was going to run a Nth degree Belly Skid, but don't think it is going to work without major modification.

Thanks MESA4x4 for the awesome deals!

Rev 1: :)
- 1 tons (Ford HP D60 front and D60 rear)
- Stretching wheel base to 110-112"
- 42" Iroks
- Custom Roll Cage
- Custom Frame back-half
- Custom Frame front section
- Ballistic Hybrids on all 4 corners

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Made a little progress:

Out with the old -

Got the bottom of the body cut off to clear the mini-boat side rockers:

I am also putting rear disc brakes on:

Also got the rear tire carrier off to get ready for the stretch corners.

As I stated before, I also decided to get the new Body Mount kit from Gen-Right, figured it would be a good time with all the other welding going on in that area:)
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=BMT2001

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Nice work. I guess I never paid attention to the Gen-right body mounts, maybe a good thing to know they make them for future reference. While a stretch on a TJ is becoming more and more common these days it never gets old for me to see the build threads as one day I plan to do a stretch on my TJ. Keep the pictures coming and what WB are you shooting for and are you re-using your axles?

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
looks like a good build. Looking forward to the progress!

·
Registered
438 Posts
i was looking at genrights site and it says no cutting required for their mini boat sides... can you explain why you did?

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was looking at genrights site and it says no cutting required for their mini boat sides... can you explain why you did?

TIA
The Gen-Right instructions tell you to beat the lip up until it clears, I opted to cut it out instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
stretch

HEY THIS IS CODY FROM COR. I JUST GOT DONE STRETCHING MY YJ TO 101. STILL GOT MISC. CRAP TO DO BEFORE WHEELING IT. I'LL HAVE TO HOOK UP WITH YOU TO CHECK OUT THE BUILD.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Subscribed, looking forward to seeing your progress.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
I like those body mounts, I guess it is time to build some of those this weekend! I will never get my Jeep done once again!

Nice build.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice, looks like fun.

Are the Genright body mounts the bent/formed mounts or the weld together mounts. Their pic shows both, kinda confusing.

Looking forward to seeing progress

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Progress has been a little slow and will be for the next month b/c I am taking an engineering exam prep course and it is Friday afternoon and all day Saturday and Sunday:eek:

Got the body mounts from Gen-Right welded up and installed. I had to modify the top of them b/c they would not fit with the stock body mounts I has, so they are probably 3/8" lower than designed, although they are higher and stronger than stock and tuck away nicely under the mini-boatside rockers:D.

Stock mounts:

Gen-Right Mounts Installed:

1 - 20 of 514 Posts