Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the jeep is under the knife again after this year and some will say it should of been left alone, but I got the itch to just mess with what I've got. This jeep wheels 75% of the time in CO and then UT and SD and the trails that I wheel it with require something a little bigger!

The jeep has been with me now for 10 years and is a 99TJ. I bought it used and immediately swapped Dana 44's under it modified with ARB/s 4.56's and alloys. Basically the strongest setup I could put in those axles. I've roamed a lot of 5+ trails and the jeep has done great. But now wanting to move up to 42's I had no choice but to upgrade the JEEP~ :smokin:

The build list includes
108-112 WB
Atlas 4 speed 5.4 ratio
Dynatrac center Detroit with Sunray 1550 outers
14 bolt shaved ARB with 5.38's and Rockcrusher hubs.
2.5 King 16 Front coilovers.
2.0 King 14 Rear coilovers.
Boat side rocker guards.
42" Goodyear MTR's
Front & rear frame build.
PSC full hydro
Aluminum control arms
and misc parts in the pictures...

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Cool build, I never get tired of seeing TJs built up. Also really cool your rocking the Sunray 1550s.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do I spy single triangulated 4 link with straight uppers? You've got my attention. Can you get pics of your frame side mounts and if you're running a 4 link calc can you get a screen shot of that as well. I'm really interested to see how that turns out as I've been considering it on my TJ as well due to some space issues and plans to stay super low.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some updated pics. Finished the front off and all I have to do in the front is weld in the upper 4 link mounts now. Links are all built. The rear is all set with the links built also. I have to weld in the lower 4 link bar but I'm waiting on some atlas parts on back order :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also 42" MTR are on backorder :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gotta love 2" Alumumin links that won't bend permantely. :drool:

Radiator mount.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lugging a 4 speed atlas around with just a jack and yourself sucks!! :hail:

Anyways finally got my atlas parts back this week and installed the shifter calbes outside the jeep and then adjusted everything and then back in the jeep. Sadly enough that took one day.

Got all the sterring mounts done and links along with mounting the orbital. Jus have to run the lines now. :rolleyes:

Been awhile since I posted pics.

Enjoy :D:D

1 - 20 of 183 Posts