Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how much lift stock yj's will give me spoa w/o lift blocks? and how far will the yj's move the front and rear axle without drilling any holes into the spring perches? also how far can i move the rear axle back without hitting or relocating the gas tank.? thanks in advance. sorry about all the questions but i'm just trying to cover all the base before i get in too deep.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
YJs SUA gave me like 3" or so
SOA, guessing maybe 6
my homemade YJ conversion didn't move the axles at all.
maybe get 3 or 4" of wheelbase from the rear axle before you start to hit the tank (depends on how much travel you have too)

·
Registered
428 Posts
just remember your axle swings in an arc with leaf springs just like it does with links, so in the rear as your axle compresses the springs it moves rearward. so what you are gonna wanna do is measure your yj spring from center pin to the front spring eye when the leaf is flat and that will give you a clue as to how far you can move your axle rearward. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I recently installed YJ's SPUA and moved the rear axle back 1". I can't imagine going much further due to the gas tank. The e-brake deal is rubbing hard in to it now. I moved my front axle forward 1-1/4". I made the spring hanger brackets so the center pins are in the stock location and drilled the perches for the axle move. The reason I did that is to maximize my approach and departure angles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replies. i'm proably going to be getting into this this weekend. i justed did my fuel injection swap and i'm trying to work to bugs out of that and then i will be in over my head in toy axles. thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts