Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project- TT- Hilux

Alright, so after about 2 years of not having a rig of my own im building my new one finally. much different from the other one-http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352752
So heres the ideas and the specs.
shes a 1980 just like my other one. got her for 400 while i was in nevada.

TBI 350-(454 now)
TH400(built)
Atlas 2 5.0
47" LTB's(46 baja claws for now)
stazworks wheels
bilstien coilovers all 4 corners
rockwells frnt steer only(built)
130" wb rougly

she is setup on the jig for 6" uptravel. which caused huge probloms in front.
so the motor is in the rear. actully easier. well i will add info and pics as it goes.i need to head to the shop so heres some pics to hold you over.
im using solid works to draw a lot of my stuff and cnc plasma cutting it out.
these are my link brackets. all .375 HR
this is the assembly.
dirty rockwell......
clean rockwell!

link mounts....

still need the rear axle. anyone? anyone?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
well after all my figureing. the section of stock frame i kept would not work. so i built a new one. heres where the TT comes in.

the tube with bung welded in it is the upper link mount. it will be boxed in to make it double sheer.
the rails are 8" tall and 4" wide. with 2" tubes welded in.
the cross members.....

the frame is upside down at the moment. but the little holes you see have .375 clinch nuts welded on the back side to blot my skid plate too.

my 2" 7075t6 links. need to tap them for 1 1/4 heimens :).

alright well i have more but i need to go. ill post later.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Awsome looking truck, I am also in the market for a toyota. Awsome trucks. Kepp up the awsome updates.

Mark

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i just got home from the shop. motor is mounted. start the tail section and cage this coming weekend. id would have pics if my BATTERIES DIDNT DIE! oh well check back soon.....

p.s. thanks for your interest guys

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright well i have some pics from the weekends work. the motor is for mock up use only! still have a cradle to weld in on the motor mounts to connect the two. the cab is tacked on for the moment til i can make the body mounts and my new floor. but have to wait for the atlas till i can do that.

the table is called an acorn table. it has various arms and pegs to hold things, and was blanchered ground like 25 years ago. shes flat:p .

alright well heres the pics........

axle brackets....

from the back.....

the side....

motor mounts...

now my buddy brought me some used tires for 300 bucks. cant beat 75 bucks a piece for some 46's. since i cant afford the 47 ltbs at the moment, these will atleast support her and are close to size:D

well thats it till this weekend. probly wont get to much done as i am going to the LAMB OF GOD show on friday in fresno. if you any ?s shoot em' at me!

1 - 20 of 635 Posts