Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I apologize for the pic(s). They're not the best. Unfortunately, I'm missing a couple of pieces to be able to mount my last tire up (spindle, caliper bracket for the RC60) and so I just have it 'measured' and sitting where it's supposed to be.

Hopefully, I'll have my pieces very soon, and be able to roll it into the driveway for some better pics.

Anyway, enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bgcj5 said:
Looks very cool but what is the deal with the door. The bottom looks all crooked?
I'm missing the bottom hinge, so it's just hanging from the top one. (Not to straight I might add.) I forgot about taking those off, cause I knew some tool would pick on it. :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Are you going to re-center those hummer rims? Or leave them as is? If leaving them, did you have to do any grinding on any part of the knuckle or other parts to get the rim to fit?

(my 44 would have required some grinding on the steering arm part of the knuckle, but I re-centered).

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TJBob said:
Are you going to re-center those hummer rims? Or leave them as is? If leaving them, did you have to do any grinding on any part of the knuckle or other parts to get the rim to fit?

(my 44 would have required some grinding on the steering arm part of the knuckle, but I re-centered).

Bob
Right now, my thinking is to leave them be. I've got the dual piston calipers, and it 'just' clears. My only interference looks to be a little (1/4") of the stock steering arm, but those are eventually going way to High steer.

I currently like the width, and I'm not going to do anything until I get it out on the trail and 'test' it. I don't want to do something if I don't have to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,911 Posts
Bgcj5 said:
Looks very cool but what is the deal with the door. The bottom looks all crooked?
hey the door looks all crooked...:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Killer man looks great, i bet you are just itching to roll it around...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
IndyCJ said:


Right now, my thinking is to leave them be. I've got the dual piston calipers, and it 'just' clears. My only interference looks to be a little (1/4") of the stock steering arm, but those are eventually going way to High steer.

I currently like the width, and I'm not going to do anything until I get it out on the trail and 'test' it. I don't want to do something if I don't have to.
Just be sure to try test fit the rim with a tie rod end attached, as I remember mine, I think the TRE also hits the wheel a little as well, not much, but possibly enough.

Looks good. Good luck.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chrisjeep7 said:


hey the door looks all crooked...:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Killer man looks great, i bet you are just itching to roll it around...
Fawker! :flipoff2: Yea, I'm starting to get real ansy and at least would like to have it rolling. The parts I'm missing should have been here Friday, but weren't. :( Hopefully in a couple of weekends!

TJBob said:



Just be sure to try test fit the rim with a tie rod end attached, as I remember mine, I think the TRE also hits the wheel a little as well, not much, but possibly enough.

Looks good. Good luck.

Bob
Yea, thought about that, but I'm going to be running heims (most likely). I'm not saying that I won't eventually re-center it, but right now, it's rather 'low' on my priority list. Like I said, just a matter of testing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
I went with wheel spacers to fix the steering/brake clearance problem and help protect the hub for my hummer wheels. Just another idea. Is the front axle full width?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
newt said:
I went with wheel spacers to fix the steering/brake clearance problem and help protect the hub for my hummer wheels. Just another idea. Is the front axle full width?
Sure is. I've thought about that too, that's also a 'consideration'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Better get the sawzall out
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
For the garage that is.........hehehehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mzcmb5 said:
Is that a 14 bolt? Do you know your over all track width? Looks great!
Yup, 14 bolt. With the hummer rims (stock) and a 'full width' 14 bolt, 42" tsl's, I'm running 80" in the rear, and probably 82" in the front.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top