Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few updated pics of the project. It's <IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0"> :30. Will have wheels (stock Dodge) on this week. Yeah Baby!

<a href="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/dsfrnt_brkt.jpg"><img border="0" src="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/thumbs/t_dsfrnt_brkt.jpg" width="200" height="150"></a>

<a href="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/rear_susp.jpg"><img border="0" src="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/thumbs/t_rear_susp.jpg" width="200" height="150"></a>

<a href="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/frbt_susp.jpg"><img border="0" src="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/thumbs/t_frbt_susp.jpg" width="200" height="150"></a>

<a href="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/frnt_bgy.jpg"><img border="0" src="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/thumbs/t_frnt_bgy.jpg" width="200" height="150"></a>

<a href="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/frnt_ds_bgybrkt.jpg"><img border="0" src="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/thumbs/t_frnt_ds_bgybrkt.jpg" width="200" height="150"></a>

<a href="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/psfrnt_mount.jpg"><img border="0" src="http://www.sweetcj7.com/web_dev/thumbs/t_psfrnt_mount.jpg" width="200" height="150"></a>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,620 Posts
boing! you've got springs. now wheres those girly axles <IMG SRC="smilies/laughing.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,592 Posts
Originally posted by NE-RokToy:
<STRONG>lookin good except I feel front buggies to be a little spooky <IMG SRC="smilies/eyemouth.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
you havent seen billybob get it then? cuz it rocks on the trail! jiMMy FJNOTCJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Originally posted by Jimmy76FJ40:
<STRONG>
you havent seen billybob get it then? cuz it rocks on the trail! jiMMy FJNOTCJ</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

yeah but billy bob doesnt have a shackle reversal
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by NE-RokToy:
<STRONG>yeah but billy bob doesnt have a shackle reversal</STRONG>
I don't think I would want a buggy on the front with standard shackle in the front. Very scary driving down the road at any speed.
Besides the way the torque is applied to the spring pack in the front, the buggy is forced against the frame until the axle articulates and pulls it down. Just the opposite in the rear. Which is why I have to pin it on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Originally posted by SweetCJ7 aka. Allen Kurtz:
<STRONG>I don't think I would want a buggy on the front with standard shackle in the front. Very scary driving down the road at any speed.
Besides the way the torque is applied to the spring pack in the front, the buggy is forced against the frame until the axle articulates and pulls it down. Just the opposite in the rear. Which is why I have to pin it on the road.</STRONG>
Umm I think your wrong about the torgue thing, when power is applied to the front end the pinion wants to go down, or if your looking at the driver side of the rig rotate clockwise. This means the rotation of the axle is in a direction that will tend to pull your buggies away from the frame. Just doesnt seem like a great setup to me, uncontroled wheel travel would seem to create an unstable rig I would think
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by NE-RokToy:
<STRONG>Umm I think your wrong about the torgue thing, when power is applied to the front end the pinion wants to go down, or if your looking at the driver side of the rig rotate clockwise. This means the rotation of the axle is in a direction that will tend to pull your buggies away from the frame. </STRONG>
OOOOOPPS! Must have been the way I was laying underneath it. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,477 Posts
*sniffing, wiping my eyes* I'm just soo proud that some of those springs were laying in my front yard just a few days ago... <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0">

It's looking great Al... Hope she's ready for a snow run or two this winter. RPS wants YOU!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sniffle sniffle .... I know! Isn't the birth of your children wonderful(eyes tearing as I type). <IMG SRC="smilies/crybaby2.gif" border="0">

Thanks for the front buggy leaf donation. I would love to go smack some tail with you guys this winter but unless I get some income (ie I need a fawkin job) soon, it will be a while. <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,719 Posts
I would take the front Buggies off now while it is still easy to do. Front buggies with a shackle reversal works fine until you get stuck and have to put it into reverse. At that point the frontend pulls the buggies away from the frame until the driveline comes out or the frontend whatever comes first. I friend of mine tried it and on the fist trip to the rockpile in his yard his frontend came out from under the rig.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by 66CJdean:
<STRONG>I would take the front Buggies off now while it is still easy to do. Front buggies with a shackle reversal works fine until you get stuck and have to put it into reverse. At that point the frontend pulls the buggies away from the frame until the driveline comes out or the frontend whatever comes first. I friend of mine tried it and on the fist trip to the rockpile in his yard his frontend came out from under the rig.</STRONG>
Ouch! The beauty of the RPS inspired clamps is that they are adjustable to "zero buggy!" I certainly don't want to walk an axle. Would the reverse rotation of the tires push the pinion up, therefore put psi against the buggy? I am asking because you can't have all directional travel puuling away the buggy from the frame. Which is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,719 Posts
All I know is that when in reverse it is often easyer to pull the buggies off the frame rather than move the Jeep so the buggies loose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,917 Posts
the buggies in the front will EAT DRIVELINES!!!

When you climb with a shakle reversal and buggies the front axle "walks" and bottoms the Ujoint. It would take like a 30 inch slip and 80 degree joint to make it work.

My buddy had them and it turned his rig into a GOOD/Terrible wheeler depending on the terrain, he welded them so they wouldn't work anymore...

BTW Samething with shakle reversal and revolvers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Originally posted by 66CJdean:
<STRONG>All I know is that when in reverse it is often easyer to pull the buggies off the frame rather than move the Jeep so the buggies loose.</STRONG>
This Would Be Kevin Yoder Experiance!!!!!!!!! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

Hey Dean I have the Ram's if I get A chance I will call you!!!!!

Adam,,,,,

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Adam Ant ]
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top