Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on this project for about 6 months. I knew it would start slow so I waited a while to post; but I need to stay motivated and I know you impatient bastards will help me with that! Now on with the pics. I started with this piece of shit!

I dont know the story behind the jeep but it came to me with a custom bent frame, blown airbags, twisted dash and a twisted tub..

I then purchased a new, to me, frame $200 and this snowfighter for $1000

I added the BTF rear stretch bumper, frame brackets for the rear xjs and front three link were purchased from poly perf

just cut out the axles on the trailer and scrapped the truck, in the end I got my front 60 for around $700

·
Registered
425 Posts
Holy crap what a big shop, and where are you that there is already snow on the ground? I am assuming that the pic is a little old.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a few pics of how the project has come along in the past few weeks. Sorry for the huge gap in pics, but I will go into further detail as I fine tune specific areas of the build.

Currently the jeep is sitting at 110" wheelbase using xj springs in the rear and a poly perf 3 links and 14" coil overs in the front (the rocker currently sits at 30"). I am running the 78 ford 60 in the front with an Eaton in the rear on 39.5" rubber. I am sticking with the 4.o for now but I do have a garret turbo and split second mapping system to liven the ole girl up a bit. I also have the stak 3 speed installed with flat skid after a lot of hacking. gears and lockers are still up in the air 4.56, which is what the Eaton is equipped with, or 5.13s are the two ratios im debating over (any opinions would be appreciated). Steering power will most likely be provided via double ended ram setup

·
Registered
394 Posts
That thing has a killer stance. Nothing negative, but why use the XJ springs, instead of C.O.'s?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I finsihed my transfer case crossmember and flat skid.

without running a body lift it would have been nearly impossible to run my flat skid with a factory styly mount. I was also slightly concerned with the weight of stak on the transmissions aluminum tailhousing. So on to plan B, I cut a what I needed to out of the floor. I then came up with this ,,,

cross member installed

and now the flat skid

now I can easily remove the skid for maintenancem I just hope the tapped holes on the back of the case are strong enough for the abuse...

·
Registered
183 Posts
WOW! You're Giantic!!! :laughing:

Nice build. I'm also thinking on why you used leafs and not Cos or airs at the back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sweet looking build! where in terre haute do you live? i live on the south end, we'll have to do some wheelin when you get yours done. keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
oh and check out my new boyfriend that I ride.:laughing::laughing: :flipoff2:

Fixed it for ya.

Just fucking with you dude.

I like the build and nice work on the shifter knobs. How much was that bike..how fast have you gotten it up to?

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
If your really planning on a turbo, I would fab up another rubber bushing/mount on the opposite side of the t-case to handle the torque output. Also, If you haven't already, replace the drivers side engine mount with a poly unit. I have torn out 3 engine mounts already in less then a year!

looking good and I bet that bike is fun to ride!

1 - 20 of 167 Posts