Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOW DUBBED "THE SAD PANDA"

well i guess i should post up my build now that i have broke down and bought a red star!:flipoff2: I picked this baby up for 900 bucks and DROVE it to the shop. its an 86 4runner with all the bells and whistles, electric windows, rear heater, and that cool gauge cluster on the dash. all in all i basically stole this truck :flipoff2:.

plans:
Dual cases 4.7 in rear case..............................................................(DONE)
marlin 1200 clutch..........................................................................(INSTALLED)
marlin 4in front springs.....................................................................(Installed)
14x42 15 IROKs..............................................................................(bought)
10 bolt front..................................................................................(gone)
Dana 60 rear..................................................................................(gone)
Dana 60 front.................................................................................(DONE)
Rebuilt 22re ..................................................................................(DONE)
LC engineering smog legal header.......................................................(Still on hold)
RV cam ........................................................................................(INSTALLED)
spray on bedliner for carpet
interior roll cage
rock sliders
front and rear custom bumpers
warn 8274 w/winch line ...................................................................(have winch)
york OBA.......................................................................................(INSTALLED)
Beadlocks......................................................................................(Done)
GM 100amp alternator .....................................................................(Done)
rock lights
6.17s............................................................................................(Done)
some more custom stuff i cant remember...

just so the budget thing doesnt come up, my budget is simply time and if i can afford it. i wont set a limit because that is just foolish. it never works out that way, remember bigger better more:flipoff2:

tell me what you think, all suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Call me crazy, but is your front 10 bolt going to be up to the task of those 42's?
:laughing:
must be, he did say it was the plan, not 10 bolt for now:p:p

·
Registered
64 Posts
sweet looks like it's gonna be a cool build, but it appears someone already jacked your thread and project title

The real white knight is one sick rig

http://http://whiteknight.ca/

but it aint a toyota

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
i hope so! im going to put cromos and cmts in it. there is a yoda on 54 boggers that has a d44 in the front up here that has held up to the task so far:laughing:. im trying to save as much weight as i can for the snow:D

I got a HP44 & 42" iroks, going CTMS & ALLOY USA CHROMO's too:D

unelss someone trades me a new set of 39.5 TSLs

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have most of the motor put together now. the pullies and pully brackets are still have wet paint on them so i couldnt put them on. but here is where i am right now.

i searched pirate for someone with a buildup name of white knight and didnt find any so i dont feel that bad:flipoff2:

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
i have most of the motor put together now. the pullies and pully brackets are still have wet paint on them so i couldnt put them on. but here is where i am right now.

i searched pirate for someone with a buildup name of white knight and didnt find any so i dont feel that bad:flipoff2:
you never heard of white knight, lol
it's his user name, wrong search:flipoff2:
he is also a fellow yellow star vendor

http:/
his website/www.whiteknight.ca/

he sells 4x4 DVDs
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549486

·
Registered
736 Posts
How the fuck have you not herd of the white knight???? I'm not even a chevy guy and I've herd of it. I thought everyone knew about it. That thing is bad ass. But it's no yota lmao/

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you never heard of white knight, lol
it's his user name, wrong search:flipoff2:
he is also a fellow yellow star vendor

http:/
his website/www.whiteknight.ca/

he sells 4x4 DVDs
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549486

well that sucks! now im going to have to come up with a new name :shaking:. my old truck was nicknamed the tan sedan... maybe this one should be the tan sedan resurrected!

·
Vendor
4,132 Posts
"White Knight"! "Night Light"! Who cares.:shaking:
Subscribed! Now get on with the build!:D
HAHA, perfect, project night light! I'm sure the preschoolers would love that!

x2, less name, more build, although I'm one to talk, my next build has a name and that's about it. :(

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alrighty thats good enough for me:flipoff2:.

i have run into a small problem with my front axle... i have the stuff for the 8 lug conversion, only problem is that without smaller disc's i cant run 15s:shaking:. anyone know of smaller 8 lug discs or have turned down rotors before?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
alrighty thats good enough for me:flipoff2:.

i have run into a small problem with my front axle... i have the stuff for the 8 lug conversion, only problem is that without smaller disc's i cant run 15s:shaking:. anyone know of smaller 8 lug discs or have turned down rotors before?
Its not the rotor you will have issues with--its the camiper. And I have done a # with stock 8 lug stuff--just grind the caliper to fit the 15" wheel..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its not the rotor you will have issues with--its the camiper. And I have done a # with stock 8 lug stuff--just grind the caliper to fit the 15" wheel..
yea i took a closer look at it today and it just barely hits. i think i might just get some small wheelspacers for the front, like some 1/4 in ones.

i managed to get the interior all stripped and put one of the rear springs up for mock up. should have pics sometime tomorrow... camera died:flipoff2:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I put the pulleys back on today except for the idler because the bearing is bad. i also put the rear main seal retainer on and goo'ed the oil pan on with right stuff.

i have also got the 4.7 gears in my rear case and the case adapter butted up to it. the front case is getting drained overnight and will probably get pulled apart within the next couple days.

tomorrow i am going to swap some parts of the 2 York pumps i have to make one working one. the taper on the clutch of the unpainted one was cracked so i am going to slam the whole clutch assembly off the newer one on it. i have to use the unpainted one because i have to mount it sideways and it has the inlet on the right side for that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I put the pulleys back on today except for the idler because the bearing is bad.

I had the same thing happen got to looking fro a new one at the regular places. I/E Autozone Advance and O'Relly's. I also went to Toyota to see if I could get the bearing, No go they wanted to sell me the whole Idler for something like $135. At that time I said to hell with power steering. I passed a Napa on my way home from Toyota just to see and they had the bearing. They did so you can check there, I just don't remember the part#.

1 - 20 of 277 Posts