Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Got you.
I would be a little bit worry about brake handling with the system you described, specially in a lifted rig (not in my case).
That was one scenario we were concerned about, so we went with all chromoly links etc and used good tight builder ball joints with 3/4" hardware to negate noticeable movement or fatigue.

Look forward to more updates.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
Today was weld day.
The front axle is completed. Caster was set at 7 degrees and all the supension mounts are totally welded. We just need to put a few reinforces to the upper link mount on the drivers side (the one showed on the pic)
The problem we had with the coilovers touching the frame was solved. We just swapped the upper mount to the outside of the arcs.

Few pics...

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
We are going to need some good full bump shots when its a roller! And before too!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
We have a ROLLING CHASSIS !!!!
Yes, for first time in her life (remember, it´s a 2013 MB :D) it rolled and was supported by it´s own suspension.
Very happy with the result....ride height is close to what it will look when its done...should be aprox 1" more in the back and 2" less in front.
Only pending issues on the front suspension are:

Make the final Panhard Bar.
Brace bar between the CO towers
Install the cans for the Fox bump stops.

We started closing the front of the frame and the mounts for all 4 radiators and fan.
We did some custom military braces for the rear CO towers :smokin:

Military Style !!!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Progress is real fast right now. You must be putting some serious hours into it.
Yup....needs to be running in 6 more weeks......I am playing Pewe down here with our local version of the Ultimate Adventure.....actually there are a fews gringo friends coming down....stay tuned :smokin:;)

·
Registered
17,543 Posts
We have a ROLLING CHASSIS !!!!
Yes, for first time in her life (remember, it´s a 2013 MB :D) it rolled and was supported by it´s own suspension.
Very happy with the result....ride height is close to what it will look when its done...should be aprox 1" more in the back and 2" less in front.
Only pending issues on the front suspension are:

Make the final Panhard Bar.
Brace bar between the CO towers
Install the cans for the Fox bump stops.

We started closing the front of the frame and the mounts for all 4 radiators and fan.
We did some custom military braces for the rear CO towers :smokin:

Military Style !!!

Man, oh man, oh man that's looking awesome :smokin: !

Who makes the MB body?

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
6 weeks! Dang, this is going to be a sweet but short build thread...

It looks really good. I can't wait to see this thing get tossed around by a 454:evil:

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Damn this thing is SWEET! Way to cool. Keep up the awesome progress man I am digging it!!

121 - 140 of 545 Posts