·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
The struts are in! Kelly (blacksheep10) took care of me and got my order in and although it took about 14 weeks it was worth the wait. All I can say is that they're awesome. The construction is top notch:

Now it's time to get them mocked up. In related news, my corners are now on and the rear is ready for tube:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
RCI 2171 fuel cell for behind the rear seat:

What will end up happening is a small section will be cut out of the middle of the cell, maybe 1-2" in height. This will let the cell fit entirely behind the rear seat since as of right now it's a little bit too tall. It made more sense to buy a pre-built cell and do that instead of going custom.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
why not cut the floor and drop it down level with the bottom of the frame..?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
why not cut the floor and drop it down level with the bottom of the frame..?
We're thinking about something like that. It can't be too low, maybe not even as low as the frame due to the links hitting, but we'll see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
The Jeep is rolling!

Strut and radiator placement are next.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
damn, how much travel do those air shocks have?:flipoff2::grinpimp:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are the axles sitting on the frame right now in the pics? Looks like it but can't tell.

It's WIDE. Won't have to worry about flopping sideways.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Are the axles sitting on the frame right now in the pics?
Pretty much, they're just propped up so that it can roll. The struts still have to go in and that will lift the vehicle up a few inches, most likely 3-4".

·
Registered
198 Posts
How is that dash bar set up? I have my dash off to build my cage but can't figure out what u did. Do u still have defrost? I'd love to do like u and have it underneath. Thanks for any help.

41 - 60 of 148 Posts