141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Once you get some new rims, you can run 5-8 without issues

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Be careful running rockers below 10psi, I've sliced my rockers sidewalls often running lower than 10. Really sucks to because they will actually work at those pressures. Above 10 they hold up a little better

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 · (Edited)
Got some new rims:

Kept the Unimog bolt pattern, TrailWorthy had a new set of 12-bolt H1s pretty much ready to go. Standard rock rings, powdercoated yellow and black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome rig! Did the mog axles already have the disc conversion and if so, do you know where or who made them? Building similar rig, 03 TJ with 404's also in Jan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Awesome rig! Did the mog axles already have the disc conversion and if so, do you know where or who made them? Building similar rig, 03 TJ with 404's also in Jan.
Thanks. Drum-to-disc and torque tube-to-pinion conversions came from Exaxt, not that big a deal to do, just more parts to buy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Finally making the V8 upgrade. Pulling everything in the dash to create something simpler at the same time. Gonna throw in a 3.0 two-speed Atlas as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sick build. Not much jeep left in that thing, but if they built them right at the factory, we wouldn't modify em. How have you liked your trail worthy 12 bolt bead locks? Trying to decide on what wheel and tire combo I want to put under mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
How have you liked your trail worthy 12 bolt bead locks?
They've been great in use so far. I got a deal on them because someone ordered them with the 'mog pattern then bailed. I don't like running zero pressure but they've been under 5 PSI plenty of times and held up great. They made some nice subtle improvements over the traditional H1 double-beadlock design.

Reactions: 1Sinner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts