Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the skinny on converting my 4.0l (90XJ) to propane?

read a post regarding swapping it over, and it seems that a 4.2 intake + GM hei + removing the ECM and all that BS will do it easiest.

where do i go for more info on what i need, and further, where do i buy this stuff?

thx

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
youjust gotta be smart and have the sweetest propane suplier in town, other than that i dont know, lol, h ehe, you will need an adapter plate and a 2 barrel mixer, then the usuall, vaporizer and fuel lock with lines and tanks. then your cookin jiMMy

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I have a question... Why would you want to put propane on a perfectily good 4.0 liter FUEL INJECTED engine? What do you hope to gain from this? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jeepskickass said:
I have a question... Why would you want to put propane on a perfectily good 4.0 liter FUEL INJECTED engine? What do you hope to gain from this? :confused::confused:
HOV lane priviledges due to the fact that it's a ZERO emitter.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Jeepskickass said:
I have a reason! Over here LPG costs just under $2.00 per gallon. gas costs over $4.00 a gallon :eek:. You make the money you spend on conversion back in a year!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts