Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys who are running the propane. I know that the motor runs cleaner due to no gas blow by on the rings.

How long are you guys going on a filter change? and what type of filter are you useing?

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
On my old FJ-55 that was converted to LPG, I just used a normal oil filter and changed it about once or twice a year. Never really changed the oil per se, the engine leaked about a quart every few months so figured in the course of a year, the oil got changed. Oil always looked like it had just been poured in, almost made it hard to check the dipstick since it was so clear.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
There have been a few studies on it. I can't remember where I read it, but most guys were getting like twice the mileage out of the oil. Do a little bit of google reading and I am sure you will find a few good answers.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks 4CrawlR.

The real reason for the Q is because I need to see if a inline filter is needed for a turbo oiler. The spot that I will be taking oil from will be unfiltered and most guys have a filter (some up to 100 micron :eek: $$$) when they take oil from this spot. But again, most are running a gas motor.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
I just changed mine yesterday after a year and the oil was still really clean , cut the filter apart to inspect and it was nice and clean too (regular Toyota filter)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts