Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to convert my engine to run on Propane, any idea which shop is most likely to work with a broke photo journalist.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
so a search on here, many of us run propane and did the set up ourselves. what motor do you have? is your rig smog ex.? yada yada. theres a place here in sac that does only LPG conversion on all kinds of vehicles and has all the parts in stock.

jiMMy

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I'm guessing that he's writing a feature on propane for Four Wheeler, judging from his sig. He's probably looking for sources. I can't offer much in the way of places near you, but I can offer my web site: www.patooyee.com, which has a huge writeup about how I converted my engine to run on propane and love it. I can also offer any technical assistance possible. There are also several names of possible sources in the article on my site.

J. J.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've seen a rig or two running propane at some of the comps, thats basically what I'm after. I'm building a very light weight Rock crawler from the ground up. I have an aluminum block Buick 215 V-8 I plan to use. This project is low budget, So I hope to trade parts/work for using the shops name in the article. No smog, trailer queen, Geo tracker buggy.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
stover said:
I've seen Bob Rogie's set up, thats basically what I'm after. I'm building a very light weight Rock crawler from the ground up. I have an aluminum block Buick 215 V-8 I plan to use. This project is low budget, So I hope to trade parts/work for using the shops name in the article. No smog, trailer queen, Geo tracker buggy.
Its Roggy... and maybe you mean Lance? I didnt know Roggy was running propane.. I didnt even think Roggy HAD a rig right now.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SR5Dave said:

Its Roggy... and maybe you mean Lance?
Your probably right I get names mixed up a-lot.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
isnt AK Miller's in CA somewhere?
Pretty hard to beat their OHG line

I can get everything (other then tanks) needed for $400cdn locally, mix of rebuilt and new.
not really a pricey modification

http://www.propaneguy.com/

Ak Miller Enterprises
9256 E. Bermudez
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
(562) 949-2548

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you all very much. the info you provided will be used for sure.:)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Propane conversion: shop in CA

Any one know of a shop in CA that would be interested in working on a magazine project conversion?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Re: Propane conversion: shop in CA

stover said:
Any one know of a shop in CA that would be interested in working on a magazine project conversion?
why not do a "convert to propane in you own driveway " type write up :cool:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have talked to the Ca Air Resource Board at length and they said for it to be leagal it has to be done by a licenced state shop. However the list of shops that they gave me in Cali turned out to be bogus. All seven of the shops they had listed didn't even exsist. :confused:

Anyone?

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Natural Gas Performance in sacramento.

jiMMy

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
is this your way of saying you want it converted for free?

call the biggest propane supplier in your region
they are the only ones that will turn a profit from exposure in a magasine.
I do not think anyone else will give you freebies.

why not do a magasine story on something interesting for a change?

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all you input regarding this topic. I've found someone who is willing to work with me and has the parts I need.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts