Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to know if a impco ca125 mixer/carb will be big enough for a 80.8 CID 1.3Liter 4cyl suzuki samurai motor . It says it's good for 202 cfm and I figured 129cfm on the samurai stock motor if I figured right but if I rebuild it .30 over and high performance head will it still work ? Should I just go with a 225 mixer to be safe ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,454 Posts
If you have not bought anything yet go with the 225 to be safe.I don't think the 125 will be big enough honestly.I have not dlet with anything that small though but my friend is forklift mechanic and he say's even the larger forklifts that have the 4 cyl's in them use the 225.I have seen a couple of small forklifts use the 125 though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
TheRipper said:
If you have not bought anything yet go with the 225 to be safe.I don't think the 125 will be big enough honestly.I have not dlet with anything that small though but my friend is forklift mechanic and he say's even the larger forklifts that have the 4 cyl's in them use the 225.I have seen a couple of small forklifts use the 125 though.
Hey Ripper,
Do you know where I can get a 22R Carb throttle plate adapter to a Impco 225 mixer locally? That is all I need to compete my propane conversion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
Dazz said:
Hey Ripper,
Do you know where I can get a 22R Carb throttle plate adapter to a Impco 225 mixer locally? That is all I need to compete my propane conversion.
Call Larry Alan at Propane Systems of Texas, he would know where to get one. He is the one that got my all of my adapters.
number is 817-831-6139
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,454 Posts
HybridPOS said:
Call Larry Alan at Propane Systems of Texas, he would know where to get one. He is the one that got my all of my adapters.
number is 817-831-6139
This si the same man I use also.If you need any help just PM me maybe I can give you a hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
what kind of fuel economy can you expect by converting to propane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
Some claim better, some say the same.... I don't know if anyone has any real comparisons. I am more than pleased with my switch to the pane. I wouldn't go back to anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 4cyl trucks we have at work have the impco 100's on them it looks bigger than the 125? I am looking at getting the mixer, lockout,and vaporizer for under $50 new just need a tank and hoses . Tropane do you sell just the adapter plates for the mixer?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,267 Posts
while we're on the subject-

How good does it work with slightly lumpy aftermarket cams? I have no spec on my cam because the PO built the motor, but it doesnt have great vacuum and the idle has a little bit of a bump to it. Am i gonna have issues with the mixer and a lower vacuum signal? From what i remember, im around 13-15"Hg in park at 1000rpms.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,454 Posts
45acp said:
How good does it work with slightly lumpy aftermarket cams? I have no spec on my cam because the PO built the motor, but it doesnt have great vacuum and the idle has a little bit of a bump to it. Am i gonna have issues with the mixer and a lower vacuum signal? From what i remember, im around 13-15"Hg in park at 1000rpms.....
Not qiute sure on that but I will go by and ask Larry tomarrow when I am in that area if I have time.I have a rough idle on mine and it seems fine with no issues.My other buddies jeep also has a healthy motor and a pretty big cam in there and he has no problem.s ethier.I do know the vacum of the motor is basicly what pulls the propane into the engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
45acp said:
How good does it work with slightly lumpy aftermarket cams? I have no spec on my cam because the PO built the motor, but it doesnt have great vacuum and the idle has a little bit of a bump to it. Am i gonna have issues with the mixer and a lower vacuum signal? From what i remember, im around 13-15"Hg in park at 1000rpms.....

You'll be fine. I run an RV cam in my 360, bored out .030 over.
Your only concern about vacuum is making sure that you have a good vapor hose and do your best to keep it under 18 inches or so.




BTW, I have about $325 into my propane stuff, $400 with my extra forklift tank.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,454 Posts
HybridPOS said:
You'll be fine. I run an RV cam in my 360, bored out .030 over.
Your only concern about vacuum is making sure that you have a good vapor hose and do your best to keep it under 18 inches or so.




BTW, I have about $325 into my propane stuff, $400 with my extra forklift tank.
Rv cam aint shit... :flipoff2: ..lol..Yeah the prices I gave were new with Larry he did not have any used stuff when I went and I did not want to wait...and how many months has my shit been apart.. :shaking: ..I should have waited a week and got a deal like you bro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
TheRipper said:
Rv cam aint shit... :flipoff2: ..lol..Yeah the prices I gave were new with Larry he did not have any used stuff when I went and I did not want to wait...and how many months has my shit been apart.. :shaking: ..I should have waited a week and got a deal like you bro.
I peak at 2400 RPM :D
It pays to be patient..... :smokin:


:flipoff2:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top