Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i dont need to hear about hoses.
Has anyone ever run copper or brass tubing for there propane in there rigs.
Im not worried about the pain in the ass of routing the tubing just what tubing should i use.

fixed mounted tank and ill use a rubber hose at the motor for movement

and is there a specific tube diameter tube(hose) to use

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think copper is DOT approved If you are on the street.Hard to keep fittings tight. I would think 1/4 ID tubing would be good if you are running a small block I would go 3/8 :cow:ID.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
OEM applications used copper
-6 is 6/16ths = 3/8" id for every install I have seen
I got my used tanks from an OEM dodge that used that shit

no f'ing way I would want that in my ride
why would you want to do this?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM applications used copper
-6 is 6/16ths = 3/8" id for every install I have seen
I got my used tanks from an OEM dodge that used that shit

no f'ing way I would want that in my ride
why would you want to do this?
why would you not want it in your rig.

and its a buggy so no street runnin
what would be wrong with runnin it.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Dude, think about it. You are in a buggy thrashing around everywhere and you got some copper pipe sweated together. Use your fuckin brain. Just run freaking hose, it is that simple.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, think about it. You are in a buggy thrashing around everywhere and you got some copper pipe sweated together. Use your fuckin brain. Just run freaking hose, it is that simple.
SWEATED TOGETHER!!!!!!!!
im thinking one piece of tube front to rear
i know they do residential applications this way.

i was mainly thinking about this because i could ancor it down just like a metal fuel line would be.

in most carb set ups i see short rubber lines coupled with alluminum hard lines.
So why not run paine hose the same way.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
because no matter how well your junk is built, there is going to be flex in the frame/tube chassis. the idea of cooper tubing filled with 300+psi of propane constantly flexing and bending just wouldnt keep my mind at ease. whats wrong with running hose like everyone else?
Last time i checked no one has a problem with metal brake lines on there buggies. why not metal fuel lines.

and its just a thought

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
OK, lets see here. Go hook onto a trailer house with....well not your rig, but someone elses and drag it down the trail. How long you think before everything is ripped apart, electrical, gas, etc...I cant even believe you would ask a question like this. What the fuck is wrong with running rubber hose like everybody else??
SWEATED TOGETHER!!!!!!!!
im thinking one piece of tube front to rear
i know they do residential applications this way.

i was mainly thinking about this because i could ancor it down just like a metal fuel line would be.

in most carb set ups i see short rubber lines coupled with alluminum hard lines.
So why not run paine hose the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I would choose iron pipe (for gas instead of poop :D)over the copper if I was stuck on running hard line. FWIW, Yota ran copper lines in the cruisers for the heater lines along with many other manufactures!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, lets see here. Go hook onto a trailer house with....well not your rig, but someone elses and drag it down the trail. How long you think before everything is ripped apart, electrical, gas, etc...I cant even believe you would ask a question like this. What the fuck is wrong with running rubber hose like everybody else??
:confused:

trailor houses and buggys:confused: i know trailor house has the word trail in it but i think your comparing apples to oranges

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
oh i forgot to mention

17.00 first foot and 9.00 foot after that

do the math
i need around 12 feet of hose
125.00 bucks:eek:

plus fittings

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well regular fuel lines are made out of metal but they maybe see 50psi and if one breaks wow youre spilling a little fuel. If a copper line filled with propane at 300 psi cracks or bursts then your whole tank of propane will come out that hole. Just run some rubber hose, Damn. Much safer and easier.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol 130" wheel base

and i would think that the same would happen if a hose got pinched or rubbed through.

It was just a thought:D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
pinched? :laughing: you're lucky to get that shit to bend in a 5" radius...

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
You fawkers have to be kidding me.

Copper tubing is plenty strong. flex between the tank and the frame, solid along the frame, then flex to the electric/vac switch.

what is the BFD??

Sweatting is not necesary..
and the tubing could easily be protected...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You fawkers have to be kidding me.

Copper tubing is plenty strong. flex between the tank and the frame, solid along the frame, then flex to the electric/vac switch.

what is the BFD??

Sweatting is not necesary..
and the tubing could easily be protected...

thats what i was thinking:D

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Copper tubing will easly handle 400 PSI. Even at the sweated joints.. Try thinking...for a change...And if that don't work just look it up...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts