Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody here has run propane on an FE engine. I got a 360 that gets decent gas milage now that i have a nice new carburator but i'm looking for more and i like the all angle running.

So if naybody is running it how did you like it and what kit did you run, and also for safe measure what size propane tank did you run.

thanks
Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
If its a 2bbl motor, a propane setup from a 302 should work. If its a 4bbl, I would look into a propane setup from a 460.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The best source I have found online is here:

http://www.propaneguy.com/

Good response to e-mailed questions. I am going to use the Impco 425 kit with a throttle plate from a holley 600 with vacuum secondaries (converted to manual). I will be using a 43 gal. tank originally designed to go under a tool box in the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are many kits available. I just put one on an 84 Dodge w/ 318 in it. Contact [email protected] for more info......

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
I am running the Impco 425 on a 350.And my buddy is running the same setup on a modified 350.I have seen alot of guys run the Impco 300 and it worked just fine.I bought everything brand new from a local dealer in Fort Worth,Texas.The 425 was $195 and the biggest vaporizer to go with the 425 was $230.My tank was used got from him for $75 it was a 30 gallon.I think my filter was like $22 and the electric cyliniod for the line was $28 and he charged me a $1.65 a foot for the hose.He also deals alot of used stuff he just did not have any that day and I did not want to wait a week.

·
Registered
326 Posts
TheRipper said:
I am running the Impco 425 on a 350.And my buddy is running the same setup on a modified 350.I have seen alot of guys run the Impco 300 and it worked just fine.I bought everything brand new from a local dealer in Fort Worth,Texas.The 425 was $195 and the biggest vaporizer to go with the 425 was $230.My tank was used got from him for $75 it was a 30 gallon.I think my filter was like $22 and the electric cyliniod for the line was $28 and he charged me a $1.65 a foot for the hose.He also deals alot of used stuff he just did not have any that day and I did not want to wait a week.
Where in Fort Worth? I am still needing a few odds and ends and didn't want to pay shipping. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
I do not have the number but it is on 121 and riverside drive.If you need directions give me a call at 817-313-4827 Justin.The man is there till about 5:00 pm during the week and around noon on saturday.There is also a place in dallas and lewisville but they are outrageous and gave me a hard time on the phone...lol...This man was really helpfull even though I was not paying him to install it.If you go please let him know the jeep guy that got everything over the past weeks sent you.I have already sent him a couple of people.I got a cool mixer cap from him that seals over the mixer and has a male 4" input on the side.It will be great for a snorkel.I don't know where you are going to fuel upbut I called a local propane dealer in my area and they will rent me a tank for $50 a year and fill it for a dollar a gallon.If I wait till it gets about 150 gallons low they will fill it for a little over 90 cents a gallon..I hope this info helps you.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good info thanks for the responses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts