Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've check on BullyDogs website, but they seem to cater to the turbo diesels. Anyone know if anyone seels a kit for the 6.2?
Already planning on adding the Banks Sidwinder Turbo kit to it after taxes (refund) next year, but wouldn't mind getting a little more boost from propane if possible.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
6.2s are knowen to have problems (that can be prevented)

but the problems are related to the harmanic balencer going and thus results in snaping a crank. They also can crack a head if over heated. But I have never heard a problem due to too much boost or propane

but the guys at Banks would be the one to ask

wish I could be more of help :emb4:

·
Registered
574 Posts
there's a good article at this site.....www.mrsharkey.com/lpg that deals with propane charging a naturally aspirated diesel. Includes info on how to home brew a system for one. You've already noticed that commercially available systems are for turboed engines, and there is a reason for that, according to the article. You don't reap much benefit from gassing a NA diesel.
Not relevent to your Q, but I've got a BullyDog setup on the Cummins 4BTA in my Bronco.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Chief:
I've hears about the harmonic balencer issue. Not sure there's much I can do about that. I the crank breaks I guess I'll do a rebuild at that time and see if I can find a stouter crank/balence combo.

CumminsBronco:
Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. I am thinking that I'll see how the Sidewinder turbo does first by itself. Most likely I'll still want to add something more, but I don't want to destroy my engine in the process.
Sounds like a kick-a$$ rig yo've got. How noticable was the boost from the LPG?

Thanks again guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts