Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats involved as far as parts and cost. im a mechanic so dont sweat being technicle. just no experience with pane.

how does it do with elevation change? i live at mile hi and wheel as high as 13,200.

thanx for the help

joe

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
www.gotpropane.com Give him a call the subject has been covered here many times. It is awesome though.
Thats the answer. I had no pane exsperience before my kit it arrived had everything needed to do the job and fired with the first crank of the motor. Cary also told me it automatically adjusts to alttitude instantly, no computer trying to figure it out..:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats the answer. I had no pane exsperience before my kit it arrived had everything needed to do the job and fired with the first crank of the motor. Cary also told me it automatically adjusts to alttitude instantly, no computer trying to figure it out..:D

is your rig street given? if so how did you get around smog in kali? is it difficult to register as a alternative fuel vehicle?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I know in Las Vegas all I had to do is go to the D.M.V. inspection station and have them take a look at it.My truck is smog exempt now in Nevada,it is probably similar in Cali.just call your dmv and find out..

·
Registered
428 Posts
I know in Las Vegas all I had to do is go to the D.M.V. inspection station and have them take a look at it.My truck is smog exempt now in Nevada,it is probably similar in Cali.just call your dmv and find out..
thats easier said than done, usally you get some retard that doesnt know dog shit from chocolate ice cream. im gonna keep tryin though, theres gota be a way. there always is:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
this is what the CA law states "21.065 Propane (LPG) or Natural Gas (LNG) Conversion A smog certification is required for original registration, transfer, and biennial renewal of a vehicle converted to liquid propane gas (LPG), liquid natural gas (LNG), or compressed natural gas (CNG). Conversion may be complete or dual with gas" thing is youre gonna fail the co2 part of the smog every time:shaking:

i also found this from the C.A.R.B. that states that only this list of companies are legally able to do the conversion WTF we should start a thread on this, maybe in "general", to help out us Californians about getting your propane conversion road legal

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Yeah mines green stickered so it a non issue but I hear of people getting them smogged on the pane.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kind of range do you get from a tankful of propane? Not a daily driver but I do drive my Zuk locally.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Not sure yet my whole sami is going on its maiden voyage next week for the marlin crawler round up at the rubicon, I built my system around a 10 gallon tank but am taking a spare 8gal just in case. I'll report back how far I make it

·
Registered
220 Posts
i havnt checked actaul miles,but in my zuke powered by 2.3l engine propane setup ive wheeled as long as 14 hours on the trail before.I DID make it back to camp on fumes,just barely runin.Im sorry i forgot 10 gallon tank.I was impressed with the milage.This motor is punched out 60 over 12.8 to 1 compression.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts