Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for the answer by searching old threads, but only found a bunch of arguments and BS. Does anyone know the proper wheel stud application or part #s for a 14bolt rear disc conversion? I have a 1977 3/4t srw hub and a 1981 3/4t rotor, the drum studs do not fit close enough to properly center the rotor. I know alot of people probably would and do run it like that, but I believe there is a better way.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Have you tried fitting the front studs in? Try the studs that go with the front rotor. On my rear FF D60 with GM 3/4T front rotors, the front wheel studs fit perfect.....I wouldn't think there is a difference between front and rear studs. Are you using a press on these studs?

·
Registered
112 Posts
oh crap, i'm in the same spot right now too...... i bought a few rear studs, but i started looking at them, then i measured the thicknesses of everything, and they are gonna be way too short for my alloy wheels.

where do i get longer ones that'll work with the disc?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
nvrenuf is correct. I went threw the same ordeal when I went to rear discs, spent hours at the parts stores and they dont make any studs that will work right. You can always search also.

Charlo

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I found some at Kragens that fit the disk and were just long enough to engage all the threads on steel wheels. Don't have the part number but they're pretty good about letting you look through the boxes. Watch out, they also have some that are left hand thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts