Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im doing my yota swap and was wondering what car/truck i can get a proportioning valve from thatll fit i got an 88.5 going to 85 axles

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
so im doing my yota swap and was wondering what car/truck i can get a proportioning valve from thatll fit i got an 88.5 going to 85 axles

I ran yotas with a stock mc and stock port valve with no problems. If you plan on doing rear disc then you'll prolly need to do a mc swap, but with your 88.5 you should already have a single rear brake hose so your rear brakes should be a snap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i was wrong then i have two brake lines for the back and the yota axle has 1 line thats the situation that im in. any advice?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I took the "T" off the yota axle, which will give you two lines for you to thread your zuk lines onto.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i am running toys with rear discs. i capped off one of the two stock lines and dropped one down to the T. i am als running the stock mc and no proportioning valve. the rears do lock up before the fronts but it is close.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am also on toys but with rear discs.. and a 88.5 sammi..I ran new lines rather than mess with the old valves etc. very simple and could put my prop. valve for the rear brakes under the hood right behind the subaru M/C .

·
Registered
208 Posts
I to am on Toyota axles.

Just ran two break lines on the rear axle, cut the old tab off the sami axle that held the soft line to the hard lines...welded it up and its been working great so far.

Rear discs coming soon

·
Registered
184 Posts
if your going to run rear discs, get an adjustable prop-valve from summit, cap one line, double flare w/ 3/16" line nuts at the valve.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
if your going to run rear discs, get an adjustable prop-valve from summit, cap one line, double flare w/ 3/16" line nuts at the valve.
can;t say it enough once you have changed tires and brake types you have made the stock prop valve so it is not distributing the right pressure to the front and rear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts