Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to put a rc 60 rear in my jeep with an offset diff to get rid of the damn compound driveshaft angle and I am really concerned about spending bank on a custom axle and smoking it on the freeway cause it can't lubricate the pinon bearings. I considered selling both of my current axles and going with rockwells but I just don't have the room under the jeep and don't want to lift it to the moon. The question is; which has better lubing at a decent angle, the ProRock60 or the Tera60R?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I don't know about the Tera60 and how it compares to Dynatracs lube passeges etc...

BUT.. I've got a high pinion Dynatrac 60 in the rear of the Durango. It's been there for about 2 years and 30K+ miles with 4.56 gears. It's my daily driver and has gone on several cross country trips - even towing my 4000 lb travel trailer... My D weighs 5640 lbs of which 2650 is over the rear axle.

No problems so far!

HTH.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Easy Question: Dynatrac

It has two oil sumps, one specifically for keeping the pinion bearing lubed up. Tera on the other hands recommends "driving down hill at 50 mph or less" to keep the bearing alive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts