Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lance said:
Jeez, Tracy is the man. How were the courses?
Tracy is golden and on a roll!

The courses are crazy hard, eveny tiny was on it's lid for the first time. Every single rig pointed out on at least one coure. Nothing like previous prorock event, this one is killing trucks left and right. I say 4 Dana 60 axles brake today!

More pics comming, please excuse my slow cell phone connection.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
how in the hell can somebody who is capable of dreaming up suchs a crazy suspension build such a ugly chassis. that thing is wild.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Looks like a hydrostatic drive conraption to me. But what lance said you can't post a pic like that without explanation:flipoff2:

·
Registered
996 Posts
ToyFamily said:
I thought hydrostatic wasn't legal :confused:, oh well ..........damn, I promise Walkers (old) truck WAS sweet.....Dustin is F*in that thing up
I have no idea if legal or not thats just the first thing that came to mind:D

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Lance said:
LOL Dude, you can't post a pic like that, and not explain it.

From what I can see, it's SUPPOSED to do that! :eek:
The guys name is Cameron Carlson. He has been building it for the past three years. It's a wild design. If my cell phone holds out I will try to post more close ups.

It's chain drive to all 4 wheels. It does things on rock that no other rig can do but it's too heavy to compete. The owner says it's only 5000K or so, but I see 7000 to 8000 lbs of steel there. It is truly a monster. You will all want to see video of this thing in action. Today it suffered majot problems, but this was the first time out of the garage.

Each wheel is independently controllable like don robbins rig but with no axles he get more articulation than any solid axle rig can. The delta between front wheel is about 6 to 7 feet! Seems to have a little less travle in the rear, I only saw about 5'. I don't know it might have been able to do more.

On the lake been it lowered it's nose and rested the engine on the ground, they lifted both tires up two feet off the ground. Then it dropped it's tires back down and lifted the front end over 4 feet in the air.

Both wheels on each side are connected to a double jointed lever arm.

It also had left and right drive, he could drive both lefts and or both right tires. Or front tires, or rear tires.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts