Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a PSC TC power steering on my Toyota 3.0 V-6. I have a question about the reservoir. Is the output hose on the reservoir supposed to be higher then the inlet fitting on the pump?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
OOP'S said:
I am installing a PSC TC power steering on my Toyota 3.0 V-6. I have a question about the reservoir. Is the output hose on the reservoir supposed to be higher then the inlet fitting on the pump?
Yes, sort of. You will be hard pressed in most vehicles to get the outlet of the reservoir higher than the inlet on the pump, so you have to rely on it being as high as possible and using hydrostatic pressure of the fluid in the reservoir to feed the pump.

If you can rotate the pump so the inlet is pointing at about 7 oclock, you'll be better off.

We have an easier time in the jeeps because the pump is on the other side and that points the inlet at 5 oclock with the pressure side coming out pointing up.

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
OOP'S said:
Is the output hose on the reservoir supposed to be higher then the inlet fitting on the pump?
Ideally yes, David... but as long as the fluid level in the reservoir is higher than the pump, you should be OK once you get it bled.

You could also just butch up a hole in the hood. :p
Randii

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
:D Can it be moved closer to the firewall ? that would put you ( height wise ) where you need to be to be 100% effective.

I don't think you have an issue where your at though.

Also, Opps, I have the BLING BLING anodized red cap on my runna that's doesn't even come close to matching my balck and silver scheme. Trade you the red for the black at the Jambo

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts