Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK,I did a serch, but on dial-up after 2hrs......... :shaking:
I need to up grade the power steering pump in my '82 F150 BAD!!!!!
Is the Saginaw pump the awser? And if so, what truck do I want the pump out of? Space is not a problem (300 I 6) so I'm just looking for somthing with GOOD presure :D And do I need new lines (for the fitings to work :confused: )

·
Registered
230 Posts
just go pull the mount and pump from any car or van that has the sag pump and make it work. Cheap and easy! And yes it is the answer, it is a far better pump than the stock unit you have.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yup...

Hell I was able to get one for $5, and the guy removed it for me as I didn't have my tools. Great stuff. :grinpimp:

Phil

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on! How 'bout the fitings? Are they diferent, will I need new lines or adaptors?

·
Registered
230 Posts
just get the ones on the donar truck (or van) and bring them with you. you should be able to make them work or just take them to someplace like napa and they will make the correct ones for you cheap. it should be easy and cheap to do the whole conversion.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
ford van pump, get the line and bracket as well. bolts right on..

best damn thing I ever did..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
littlemule said:
just get the ones on the donar truck (or van) and bring them with you. you should be able to make them work or just take them to someplace like napa and they will make the correct ones for you cheap. it should be easy and cheap to do the whole conversion.
Thanks for the Napa tip! :) All this time, and I had no idea they made lines there :shaking:
I'm on my way down there now to get a new HP side line made. I got a pump off of a '90 Dodge van for $20 w/ lines and the mount. Will be EAZY to make the new mount for it :smokin:

Thank U all for the help on this :D It will be nice to steer agan!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Napa down the road is filled with a bunch of JACK ASSES :mad3: I called them up and asked if they MADE power steering lines, "yeah sure, so long as we have the right fitings in stock" So I head down there, lines in hand, and when I get there... "Uhhhhh..... no, we don't make lines. We never have, we don't even fix them any more" "I don't know who told U we did, must have been the new guy" :shaking: Lucky for me we have a loggers & contractors sup. shop in town. They got me all set up with a line in like 10min. and it only cost me $18.50 :smokin:

·
Registered
230 Posts
nayby its just that one, the one in columbus makes them all the time. who knows but the lines should be cheap anyway.
sorry bud!!
hope it all works and its still gona be cheaper than buying a new replacement stock pump that will break in a few months

1 - 10 of 10 Posts