Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Compared to my CJ5's manual steering? Yes

Compared to a cobbled together setup off a forklift? Yes

Compared to a homebrewed setup using surplus parts? More than likely.

How is this hardcore again?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just fine.. Now ya wanna get all teched out, you can setup the right orbital based upon how fast you want it to steer. There are different speeds or ratios out there.

You wanna save some money, go to trail gear and buy there orbital, 2" ram, hoses, pump, overflow can.. etc

Single ended rams are a little old school. They turn one way quicker than the the other way. The displacement of the ram shaft takes up volume when pressurized on that side.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to know if was a nice choice..
I dont like the double ended..so I think the single could be better than the original..And I can take off the fucking steering box! :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
If your going to that much effort to design a new steering sytem, you should reconsider the double ended ram, they will out perform the single ended system anyday. just need to carefully match the steering valve with the cylinder cc and get the cylinder location correct. i pulled a good single end system off and replaced with the double--worlds of difference!!! its double from now on!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmmm...Think about I am in Italy..For this kind of steering system we are 20 years back to US...
I dont like the double end..and I dont have an axle that allow a very good installation of the double...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
ive seen double ended rams on toy axles..
what axle do you have?

·
Registered
861 Posts
do yourself the favor a go with double ended set-up, it's only a little bit more money and will be worth is when you have a se ram and drive on the street and it's weird as fawk to drive. I am kicking myself in the ass right now because i bought the single ended kit

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do yourself the favor a go with double ended set-up, it's only a little bit more money and will be worth is when you have a se ram and drive on the street and it's weird as fawk to drive. I am kicking myself in the ass right now because i bought the single ended kit

:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yes, the link in your first post is a single ended kit. It however is not the same setup that is in your picture. If you want a kit, buy what's in the link. If you want what's in the picture, call Eagle Machine and buy the cylinder then figure out what steering valve, pump, cooler and lines you want. Either one gets the job done just as well as the other. One is available as a kit and the other is not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts