Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do most PTOs that bolt on a manual tranny (or transfercase) have the same bolt pattern?

I found a few at the wreckers so I was thinking that If I use one of thows I can use my continus run air compressor for an OBA setup

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yes, they have a few different series of PTO's, and those use the same bolt patterns,"BUT" you must be certain that you get the right gear (driven gear) for your unit. check out a Chelsea web site or contact a big rig truck parts place for the specific gear you'll need. I got a PTO for my SM 465 for free, but I needed the correct gear, which was like 58$.... The PTO's are pretty much "Modular" as they can be swapped end for end for right or left side mounting, and the gears I am yammering about come out really easy. Then again, you just might get the right one the 1st time at the boneyard;) Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
weps said:
Yes, they have a few different series of PTO's, and those use the same bolt patterns,"BUT" you must be certain that you get the right gear (driven gear) for your unit. check out a Chelsea web site

Whats the website?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.