Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
turd-polish-a-go-go
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have decided to compile a pulley interchange list. many of you have swapped in a pulley of one type or another onto your sammy out of desperation or ingenuity. if you have a non-sammy pulley on your ride, please assist me in my searches, and tell me what pulley you are using and what the donor car was. i will be doing plenty of thread searching to make up this list, and it will be everyone's benefit, so don't give me any of the usual "use the search dumbass" line of $hit (this means you, hvychevy :mad3: ) wouldn't it be nice to know what else you can use in the junkyard? :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey man. I got my 2 row crank v-pully from the phantom 88 chevy sprint 1.3 with a/c. I use the overdrive side to turn my stock toyota pully on my power steering.

below I have a great link (had you done a search you would found it :D )

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207540&highlight=power+steering+pulley

this is how I found my pully---and yes it does bolt right up.

another question, what pully you looking for. does it need to be a v-drive, serpentine, from pick-n-pull or aftermarket company?

·
turd-polish-a-go-go
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, i am really interested in starting an interchange database. it's not about trying to answer my own question and then splitting. i have found sammy pulleys hard to find in the pick-n-pull, and am sure others have found the same. maybe i can come up with a serpentine conversion, or something cool. the only pully i personally need right now is one to work with the toy celica pump and the 1.6 flat belt. but this is a greater mission... :D

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
LittleBlackSambo said:
actually, i am really interested in starting an interchange database. it's not about trying to answer my own question and then splitting. i have found sammy pulleys hard to find in the pick-n-pull, and am sure others have found the same. maybe i can come up with a serpentine conversion, or something cool. the only pully i personally need right now is one to work with the toy celica pump and the 1.6 flat belt. but this is a greater mission... :D

Good on you for the attempt of this. More info is always good.

I had a bitch of a time trying to get a pulley for my 1.3 to Toy pump. All the Sprints and Fireflys and Metros etc., had the flat belt pully style, I searched yards for months and couldn't find a single model with the V-groove style that I needed to match the Toy pump pulley.

I then tried to find a flat belt pulley for the Toy pump in the size I wanted, to try and match a Sprint dual flat belt pulley, and had similar luck. (zero)

Dunno why I had such tough time trying to find a stupid pulley, but I did.

Ended up lucking out and getting a Samurai A/C equipped dual Vee pulley from the 'States.

·
turd-polish-a-go-go
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alternator pulley interchange for GM alternators on 5-rib 1.6L:
OEM Dayco #5040330
Underdrive Dayco #5040315

·
Registered
10 Posts
pulleys

the easiest way i found was to use a pulley off of a chevy sprint with a/c
or a geo metro with a/c look for the overdrive pulleys they work the best !
for guys with 1600 motors just redrill the holes in the pulley so that there are 5 holes like the 1600 crank has and use a sami v belt stock alternator and stock v-belt water pump pulley from the sami its the simplest way i found to replace my 1300 with a 1600 AND keep my power steering and welder
p/s from a celica running 33 12.50 boggers
welder is a converted chevy 100 amp alternator
both work great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts