Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hophead
77,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With as many times that I need to change the gear lube in the Samurai and the total lack of patience that I have I'm looking for a good, quick economical means of pumping the stuff. Right now I have a siphon pump that doesn''t move very much..just a little each stroke. I have had the black push-type pumps that screw into the top of the bottle, lettle better but the hose inside the bottle always blows off. Any other ideas out there?

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Get the pump that goes on top of a 5 gallon bucket. You can get them at any farm store.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use an old airpressurized fire extingwisher(sp??). Pour in the lube, add air, inset nozzle into fill hole and blast away. Works AWESOME!
Phil

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
jeepnmatt said:
phil,

that is genius!

matt
I would agree. Now where to get one?

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I use a kerosene pump with a red squeeze bulb. Works great if you leave the gear oil on the heater vent all day ;) :D

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
randii said:
Now where to get one?
Whip out the credit card and go to Pro-Pit... there's a quick review we've had up for years: Randii [/B][/QUOTE] .I think a f...ide pit services for off road racers.[/i][/b]

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
I think a few tooooooo many years!
:emb4: D'oh! :emb4:

Interesting, since their catalog still displays:
http://www.propit.com/mechanix.htm (pan down)

...ah well, such is the Internet, I guess. I googled on 'ArboTek' with no useful response, and 'Ultra Lube' returns interesting links, but they are less automotive. :p

Randii

·
Registered
543 Posts
I use an old fire extinguisher as well. The old soda type work well and people are throwing those out all the time. Just put on a shrader valve and some hose and a valve. Check with a fire extinguisher place. Most of the soda water types are obsolete. Get one with a big screw on top not the small top (too hard to fill).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts