Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done it? I saw edelbrock had some egr ad on plates but theywere for for egr valves. anone plum egr right onto the intake with copper tubes or something?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I kinda up against a fence on this too due my conversion to a vortec engine. Since they don't have the usual heat risers in the heads, I've been trying to figure out a way to do the EGR before April so I can get through emmissions.

A friend of mine suggested using a carb base plate off of an older ford that has the EGR valve built in. It will have to go under a square bore carb, but that won't be that difficult. I'm getting ready to start looking for one soon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was told that on vortech heads that the egr has to be hooked to the exhauts manifold that they came with. That might be something to look into. If your area is anything like mine, you won't be able to get past the visual inspection without going to the referee either way, because the vortech heads aren't really a stock replacement, and they don't have a e/o number as far as I know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Late model Corvettes with the L89 TPI motor have an EGR that is plumbed externally for exhaust. A small exhaust tube comes from the 8th cylinder, over the valve cover, to the intake manifold. If you look at one, you'll notice the exhaust heat wrap/sock over the tube.;)

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
you have to have some kind of egr valve to stop the exhaust gases from going into the intake at idle. if there is no egr valve but there is a tube routed to the intake it will stall. egr's open once venturi vacuum hits at higher rpm's. egr must be completly closed at idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts